UW shutting down at campus classes

Started by leg turk, March 11, 2020, 02:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Could the Badger athletes competing at other venues be next? Like the NCAA wrestling tournament?

1Iota

Quote from: leg turk on March 11, 2020, 02:03:14 PM
Could the Badger athletes competing at other venues be next? Like the NCAA wrestling tournament?

I am definitely nervous about the NCAA tournament being cancelled. 

DocWrestling

Quote from: 1Iota on March 11, 2020, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: leg turk on March 11, 2020, 02:03:14 PM

I am definitely nervous about the NCAA tournament being cancelled.

Being held but only media and family allowed in to watch.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Will be interested in what will happen to WIAA boys basketball state championships.  Imagine the wrestling tournament being canceled or wrestled without fans

DocWrestling

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on March 11, 2020, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 11, 2020, 04:32:40 PM
Will be interested in what will happen to WIAA boys basketball state championships.  Imagine the wrestling tournament being canceled or wrestled without fans

Addressed today. On as planned.

https://www.wiaawi.org/News/News-Article/ArtMID/5378/ArticleID/21328/WIAA-Statement-on-Tournament-Status

I will be very surprised if it happens as planned.  My daughter had youth club state tennis tournament at UW- Madison's Nielsen Tennis Center and they canceled it.  If they do host it at Kohl Center I would bet only family can watch.  The information I have seen on twitter is that UW will not allow fans next weekend and the WIAA has asked to get out of contract to find alternate venue.

crossface21

Looks like they are still going to hold the boys tournament at the Kohl Center, but much like all the other events still happening, they only get a certain number of tickets per player.