NEW RTC ATHLETE!

Started by WRTCSean, May 14, 2019, 10:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRTCSean

Help us welcome Nick Becker to the Badger Regional Training Center!

Welcome Nick Becker!
We want to welcome Nick Becker to the Badger Regional Training Center! Nick is currently competing on the senior level in the 79kg weight class. He comes to us after a stint of coaching at University of Wisconsin - Parkside, where Nick also had a very successful wrestling career.

While at Parkside, he accomplished the follow:

3X NCAA Division II National Champ (2016, 17, 18)
2X NCAA Division II Wrestler of the year (2017,18)
2018 Outstanding Wrestler at the NCAA Division II National Championship
89-0 record at Wisconsin Parkside
Led all NCAA Division II wrestlers in 2018 with most wins.

Nick has had a great start on the senior level finishing 7th at the 2017 Senior Greco World Team Trails. This past April, he finished 3rd at the US Open in the 79kg Freestyle tournament.

Nick will represent the Badger Regional Training Center this coming weekend in the 79kg bracket at the Senior Freestyle World Team Trials tournament.

Hear from Nick Becker: https://youtu.be/xeOMXROWSzI

Support Nick's Journey: www.badgerrtc.org

bigG

Great get. Can't not love Nick and the Sconnie he brings.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BuckyMatt

Awesome!!!!

Hopefully this announcement and all the future athlete announcements open up the floodgates for giving to the BRTC!!

Ghetto

Love that we started with the local guy. I'd love to see another local guy at 79kg come back home as well.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

YEA!!! That is what I am talking about!

mkm13

Great to hear!  With Askren, Reader, and now Becker around, they have a long list of high level accomplishments.  I would assume that would be really appealing for any 165-184 pounder looking for a good college with elite workout partners.

stbird

wrastle63

ANOTHER ONE! Jayden Laurent is offically a BRTC athlete. Great to see a woman added to our team as Wisconsin has some great lady wrestlers.

factfinder

Quote from: mkm13 on May 14, 2019, 11:55:07 AM
Great to hear!  With Askren, Reader, and now Becker around, they have a long list of high level accomplishments.  I would assume that would be really appealing for any 165-184 pounder looking for a good college with elite workout partners.
Becker had an outstanding career at Parkside and could have been very competitive at the D1 level but I don't think a single Blue Chip Athlete is looking at this RTC with any excitement as of yet??? just saying!

Numbers

Quote from: factfinder on May 16, 2019, 09:10:14 PM
Becker had an outstanding career at Parkside and could have been very competitive at the D1 level but I don't think a single Blue Chip Athlete is looking at this RTC with any excitement as of yet??? just saying!
That Askren guy never brings excitement?  Gross is either not considering Wisconsin or not good enough for Blue Chip status?  Nobody is interested in having workout partners that qualify for the Senior World Team trials like Becker?

Mark this one down as a contender for worst take of the year.

leg turk

How many hours per week is Askren in the UW, or BRTC room?

mkm13

I believe during the season he came at least 1 day a week.  But not sure exactly.

I believe he spent a fair amount of time wrestling with Hillger since we didn't have anyone else.

BuckyMatt

I think you are doing a disservice to your anonymous moniker of Finding Facts....Just Saying

mkm13

Becker gave Hall all he wanted and lost on a last second takedown.  I would say there are very few guys in the country who can do that.

TomM

Nick Becker (Badger Regional Training Center) VPO1 Matthew Finesilver (Blue Blood Wrestling Club) , 9-4
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"