Graff at Northern Plains

Started by npope, May 16, 2015, 06:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

I see that Graff ran through the 61 kg weight (up a weight from his usual 57 kg class) at the Northern Plains to qualify for the World Team Trials. I have heard the plan is to go back down to 57 kg for the "main event." Interestingly, the first guy to knock him off at the qualifier two weeks back (Mitcheff) only took second at 57 kg (got pounded on in the finals at that weight). Not sure if he even gets to go to the WWT.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ghetto

If I'm not mistaken, Graff lost to Mitcheff at the U.S. open a few years ago too. Might just be a matchup problem. Some guys seem to have your number.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Quote from: npope on May 16, 2015, 06:14:59 PM
I see that Graff ran through the 61 kg weight (up a weight from his usual 57 kg class) at the Northern Plains to qualify for the World Team Trials. I have heard the plan is to go back down to 57 kg for the "main event." Interestingly, the first guy to knock him off at the qualifier two weeks back (Mitcheff) only took second at 57 kg (got pounded on in the finals at that weight). Not sure if he even gets to go to the WWT.

Excuse me, but what's the "WWT"?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

World Wrestling Trials (WWT) instead of World Team Trials (WTT) ?

Creating acronyms is fun !!

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

npope

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 17, 2015, 02:07:51 PM
World Wrestling Trials (WWT) instead of World Team Trials (WTT) ?

Creating acronyms is fun !!

Yes indeed - I stand guilty of not knowing the specific names of the events nor their acronyms. So, we have a main "qualifier" tourney and then the "real" tourney that pulls in qualifiers from various earlier events. That's how I have it in my head.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

Anyone aware of media coverage for the trials.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.