Cheesehead

Started by Dunn County, January 02, 2015, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunn County

Good luck to Menomonie today! 

Pheasant- keep us posted!

First ever BRC team to enter the Cheesehead. 

Stokke's toughest opponent from Lockport is a no-show, being replaced by a 4-14 kid.  Does this allow Stokke to win it?  He has a great chance. 

Fresh off a Barron Invite championship, Edwards has #9 seed.  That gives him top 16 without even wrestling.  That will score some team points. 

Hayden down to 126 = beast!

Menomonie believed and still believes they are the second best team in the state.  Goal- place ahead of all Wisconsin teams except the Ghosts.  Get Stokke a title.  Top 8 for Ford, both Schloughs, Waddell and Stokke.  A couple quality wins by the rest of the guys. 

Curious as to why just 11 guys.  The purpose of this event is to battle-test the troops for the sectional finals against Point??????? and then team state.  That means you wrestle sick and hurt and you count on everyone. 

Joenlucy

You can only bring who you have ready. We have been moving/shifting out lineup all year and with guys down weights, we have holes to fill with jv guys. Not much use in bringing jv guys to a tourney of this caliber. Pheasant, does that sum it up? Mustang fan?

shouldvewrestled

Not the best tournament to throw JVers to the wolves at. Even for middle of the road to below average varsity kids. Cheesehead is a grind of a tournament and can beat these type of kids down physically and mentally. I say only bring the kids you feel can handle it, think these types of high tournaments can actually break wrestlers and hurt them for the stretch run instead of the planned toughening them up.

OldAbes72

Hamilton, if this was Twitter I'd favorite your post! 😀 very funny

The Last Ride

Congrats to Stokke Cheesehead champ and Waddell taking 2nd.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Stripes

Stokke dominated his bracket. Waddell had an impressive showing as well, only 2 losses and both to the same kid. As far as losses go, man, you can take a lot of losses at the cheese. Caleb Edwards wins to get into the bracket (as far as I understand the bracketing) and then loses the next 6. I think that is the same as Bryant and Ford I believe lost 5. That is a tough couple of days for the team but is a great tourney for your hammers. These guys will definitely be battle tested by conference and regionals...

The Last Ride

Will Ford drop to 106?
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Stripes

Not sure... It seems the cat has pheasant's tongue on all issues/topics for a while.

HMsDad

Quote from Pheasant on another thread "Probably start at 113, but he wants to be at 106 for tourneys."

Pheasant 1984

These guys made the top 16 brackets. Hope I don't forget anyone.
113 Ford 15th
126 H Schlough 6th
138 L Schlough 11th
152 Bryant 16th
182 Wadell 2nd (looked awsome)
195 Stokke 1st (looks unstoppable)

We had some sick and injured kids missing. Hope to get them back in the next 2 weeks!
As for Joey dropping; hopeful! It's all up to him!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: Stripes on January 03, 2015, 06:55:57 PM
Stokke dominated his bracket. Waddell had an impressive showing as well, only 2 losses and both to the same kid. As far as losses go, man, you can take a lot of losses at the cheese. Caleb Edwards wins to get into the bracket (as far as I understand the bracketing) and then loses the next 6. I think that is the same as Bryant and Ford I believe lost 5. That is a tough couple of days for the team but is a great tourney for your hammers. These guys will definitely be battle tested by conference and regionals...
Caleb got hurt and couldn't wrestle his last 3 or 4 matches. He should be ok I think!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

wildhorse

Cheesehead is a glimpse into the intensity of the D1 recruit.   Hayden wrestled a 3 time cheesehead champ(se polk) and a wi state runnerup (Hassleberger)(twice).  Logan was seeded 8th and wrested Walrath (freedom) and Robert lee (kaukauna).
I wasn't listening,  I was just waiting for my turn to talk.