Rule Changes 2020-21

Started by crossface21, April 28, 2020, 07:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

joeski

In the weigh-in section, I like how it says that weigh-ins will take place a maximum of one hour before wrestling begins. I am not sure my kids have ever started in less than two hours. Is this actually a rule? I have never read the book. But how much wasted space is in this thing?

crossface21

For dual meets the rule is 1 hour before the first match.

padre

So they are trying to equal everyone out with the singlets for weigh ins so everyone can be in the same room.  Does this mean skin checks will only be for uncovered areas?  This creates a lot more area for those trying to hide skin conditions.  I can't see them saying boys must drop the top of their singlet...maybe a larger kid doesn't feel comfortable in front of girls doing that.  This could lead to issues no doubt.

imwi

Quote from: joeski on April 28, 2020, 09:02:26 PM
In the weigh-in section, I like how it says that weigh-ins will take place a maximum of one hour before wrestling begins. I am not sure my kids have ever started in less than two hours. Is this actually a rule? I have never read the book. But how much wasted space is in this thing?

2 hours before JV starts or 2 hours before Varsity starts?  The rule is 1 hour but that gets moved back to 1 hour before JV.

thequad

What about hiding some weight under the singlet to qualify for a heavier weight?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Ledger

Quote from: thequad on April 29, 2020, 01:05:45 PM
What about hiding some weight under the singlet to qualify for a heavier weight?

They're fine with a 196 lb kid wrestling a 285 lb kid, but they're concerned that a 119.5 lb kid might wrestle a 132 lb kid because he wore a 1 lb weight belt?  I say if someone wants to cheat the other way, let em.

Numbers

Quote from: Ledger on April 29, 2020, 02:37:43 PM

They're fine with a 196 lb kid wrestling a 285 lb kid, but they're concerned that a 119.5 lb kid might wrestle a 132 lb kid because he wore a 1 lb weight belt?  I say if someone wants to cheat the other way, let em.
That extra weight impacts the descent plan rules. 

The same growth allowance is given for 106 wrestlers as the big guys.  Going back to the descent plans.  Maybe growth allowance should be 1% at Christmas and .5% the months after that.

Timeout - using too much logic.

littleguy301

well if there is no hair cut rule, could have some "extra" weight hiden there I would guess ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 29, 2020, 07:45:26 PM

well if there is no hair cut rule, could have some "extra" weight hiden there I would guess ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
With the no haircut rule, why hide it?  Just grow a big beard!  ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!