Seniors on JV

Started by Add 2 pounds, February 24, 2016, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Add 2 pounds

With all the talk of state champs and tough match ups and who's the next four time champ.  All great stuff, I'll be watching too - and I'm pulling for my team this weekend at Mad Town trust me...

I would like to change the focus for one tiny second and say hats off to the seniors who never made varsity.

So congrats to the wrestlers who persevered and wrestled, saw it to the end and finished their senior year as a solid member on the wrestling team!

Good luck all!!

In the long run perseverance beats ability and ability beats privilege.
All I want for Christmas is to add 2 pounds.

imnofish

Quote from: Add 2 pounds on February 24, 2016, 04:59:23 PM
With all the talk of state champs and tough match ups and who's the next four time champ.  All great stuff, I'll be watching too - and I'm pulling for my team this weekend at Mad Town trust me...

I would like to change the focus for one tiny second and say hats off to the seniors who never made varsity.

So congrats to the wrestlers who persevered and wrestled, saw it to the end and finished their senior year as a solid member on the wrestling team!

Good luck all!!

In the long run perseverance beats ability and ability beats privilege.

Those kids epitomize "mental toughness."   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

CoachZ

Definitely. I had a friend who was a sectional qualifier as a junior and was on JV as a senior. We had a strong team in the late 90's and he just couldn't crack the lineup. To this day I give him credit for not quitting. I also use him as a example to my wrestlers now.

bigG

I don't think many wrestlers get more out of the sport than this group. They come out tough and humble. Nice combination.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

npope

Back in the 1980s, Ellsworth had a guy who wrestled JV as a senior but had placed 6th in the state as a junior. Despite his accolades and skill, he simply wanted to get on the mat and wrestle as a senior, but couldn't find a spot in the line-up. That's one pretty tough line-up.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope