Mask mandate

Started by Chuck, February 18, 2022, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman

It should be as simple as if you don't want to wear a mask, then don't'.  If you do, then do.  Worry about yourself and leave others alone.

And having the athletes wear mask is completely useless and is nothing but virtue signaling to make someone feel better about themselves for not getting sued.

MNbadger

The CDC did not say "masks do nothing".  They said that loosely woven cloth masks are much less effective ( think of the neck gaiters that too many people wear).  They indicate wearing N95 or N95 masks which are undeniably effective.  And before you squawk, nothing is 100% effective, that should not be the benchmark for implementation.   
Quote from: Henley on February 20, 2022, 09:19:05 AM
Quote from: drbrad on February 19, 2022, 06:43:32 AM
For the love of God, could we for once put the wrestlers (and for that matter the grandparent with health issues for whom this is their one and only chance to watch their grandchild wrestle at state) ahead of our personal political inconvenience? EVERYONE is sick of masks, and covid, and people dying. But is it really more of a sacrifice than, say, kids working their whole lives for an opportunity to wrestle in the Kohl Center?

Don't go then, simple. Cdc has admitted their numbers are incorrect. They have admitted the mask do absolutely nothing. A top FDA executive is on video saying this is all a money grab. Stay home and stream if you do not feel safe.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

head57

Quote from: Wrestlologist on February 23, 2022, 02:25:11 PM
I took a few pictures from the end zone in Shawano (Bonduel D3 Sectional) last Saturday.  Zoomed in when I got home.  Couldn't see any masks.  If the masks keep out cooties, then all the cooties must be in Madison.

Shawano County ain't Dane County. That is for sure.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

ramjet

This is a simple "political policy" not based in safety or actual science  any way shape or form. POLITICAL

Fitted N95 are effective only if you have no facial hair like beard or even stubble. It's not the filtration that kills the virus but the electrostatic charge caused by the material and movement of the air through this VERY SPECIFIC material. Fitting it is key to degree of efficacy.

Cloth masks and gators mostly have no efficacy at all. If they did this pandemic would be over in large metropolitan areas but it has hit all time high infections in most of the strictest mask required areas. This is what the CDC (a political organization ) admitted anything less than a fitted N95 is not effective. Think of this way leak points folks no electrostatic charge not fitted or even that good of filtration. Remember the 6' foot rule...... ::)

Most recently in an interview the renowned scientist Michael Osterholm outright said the cloth masks are not effective and will not stop the spread. Want to know why people react to this rule the way they do?
Virtue signaling and misinformation by the CDC and politicians. There is allot we do not know there is allot they do not know. But they admitted outright to not putting out the full information and admitted to deceiving the American People. This is fact.

The term "Karen" is a pejorative descriptive term derived from memes during the pandemic. It's a person that is irrationally controlled by fear and the media narrative to drive fear because of the Vid. In many pics or memes they are a person wearing a sign they have been triple vaxxed , boosted and are wearing a hazmat suit and N95 plus a face shield. Rubber gloves and sanitizer in one hand and bleach in the other.

It's sad another year these kids have their dreams and experience at the State Tournament overshadowed by an irrational political policy and a area wrought with idiocy for leadership.

My guess they will selectively enforce the mask rule. But if you go to Madison you know about this policy and it does zero good at this point to inappropriate term1 about it. You could do like me and not step foot in those areas controlled by irrational incompetent leadership.....in other words you have choice, but your thoughts and opinion whatever side do count for something.

It's not COVID killing people it their unhealthy lifestyles and comorbidity.

Enjoy the tournament that once again is overshadowed by useless politics.

dman

hornbuckleb

Everyone does realize that:

At this time, athletes who are actively competing on the mat will not be required to wear a mask.

The past two weeks Dane County wrestlers had to wear a mask off and on the mat

As I said before, everyone in Dane County has been putting up with this since the pandemic began.  So boo hoo! for the adults that can't appreciate the fact there will be wrestling in the Kohl Center starting this afternoon.

I am completely burn't out on the mask mandate, but I am going to watch some great wrestling today, and I am grateful!

ramjet

Quote from: dman on February 24, 2022, 08:57:33 AM
RAMJET!!!!

Temporary appearance this place gives me a headache so I won't stay long ......... see ya.

dman

Quote from: ramjet on February 24, 2022, 09:14:55 AM
Quote from: dman on February 24, 2022, 08:57:33 AM
RAMJET!!!!

Temporary appearance this place gives me a headache so I won't stay long ......... see ya.

Take care bud!

neutral

There's a rally in DC this weekend for anti-vaxers & anti-maskers.  Why not skip the wrestling ... and go make your statement with the rest of your like-minded 
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

1Iota

Quote from: dman on February 24, 2022, 07:50:59 AM
It should be as simple as if you don't want to wear a mask, then don't'.  If you do, then do.  Worry about yourself and leave others alone.

And having the athletes wear mask is completely useless and is nothing but virtue signaling to make someone feel better about themselves for not getting sued.

Thank you for demonstrating a firm and complete grasp of how viruses work.  I am sure all of the medical experts who wasted a decades of their lives to understand the complexities of communicable diseased feel foolish now.   

MNbadger

You are using Dr. Osterholm to prove masks are not effective?  He was specific about cloth masks.
Osterholm has been consistent and insistent in regard to the wearing of masks, particularly N95 and KN95 masks.
The point being that knowing cloth masks are not particularly effective should not drive one to decide that masks are not effective or that they need not be worn.
https://www.today.com/health/health/doctor-makes-passionate-plea-high-quality-mask-use-protect-rcna12346
This is just one of numerous interviews where he has stated as much.  Incidentally, if you ever have the opportunity to attend any speaking engagement he has, I highly recommend attending.  Throughout my career I have had several opportunities to hear him speak and meet him.  Always interesting and knowledgeable. 
Quote from: ramjet on February 24, 2022, 08:43:33 AM
This is a simple "political policy" not based in safety or actual science  any way shape or form. POLITICAL

Fitted N95 are effective only if you have no facial hair like beard or even stubble. It's not the filtration that kills the virus but the electrostatic charge caused by the material and movement of the air through this VERY SPECIFIC material. Fitting it is key to degree of efficacy.

Cloth masks and gators mostly have no efficacy at all. If they did this pandemic would be over in large metropolitan areas but it has hit all time high infections in most of the strictest mask required areas. This is what the CDC (a political organization ) admitted anything less than a fitted N95 is not effective. Think of this way leak points folks no electrostatic charge not fitted or even that good of filtration. Remember the 6' foot rule...... ::)

Most recently in an interview the renowned scientist Michael Osterholm outright said the cloth masks are not effective and will not stop the spread. Want to know why people react to this rule the way they do?
Virtue signaling and misinformation by the CDC and politicians. There is allot we do not know there is allot they do not know. But they admitted outright to not putting out the full information and admitted to deceiving the American People. This is fact.

The term "Karen" is a pejorative descriptive term derived from memes during the pandemic. It's a person that is irrationally controlled by fear and the media narrative to drive fear because of the Vid. In many pics or memes they are a person wearing a sign they have been triple vaxxed , boosted and are wearing a hazmat suit and N95 plus a face shield. Rubber gloves and sanitizer in one hand and bleach in the other.

It's sad another year these kids have their dreams and experience at the State Tournament overshadowed by an irrational political policy and a area wrought with idiocy for leadership.

My guess they will selectively enforce the mask rule. But if you go to Madison you know about this policy and it does zero good at this point to inappropriate term1 about it. You could do like me and not step foot in those areas controlled by irrational incompetent leadership.....in other words you have choice, but your thoughts and opinion whatever side do count for something.

It's not COVID killing people it their unhealthy lifestyles and comorbidity.

Enjoy the tournament that once again is overshadowed by useless politics.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

TomM

Smoke detector warning siren just went off in the Forum Control Panel.

I have to freeze this discussion until after the State Tournament.

There will be a high school state tournament in Madison this weekend. You will likely have to wear a mask.

I welcome your complaints. Please take a number. 8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"