Mask mandate

Started by Chuck, February 18, 2022, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statman

Quote from: npope on February 19, 2022, 08:43:39 AM
Quote from: drbrad on February 19, 2022, 06:43:32 AM
For the love of God, could we for once put the wrestlers (and for that matter the grandparent with health issues for whom this is their one and only chance to watch their grandchild wrestle at state) ahead of our personal political inconvenience? EVERYONE is sick of masks, and covid, and people dying. But is it really more of a sacrifice than, say, kids working their whole lives for an opportunity to wrestle in the Kohl Center?

Thank you  :)

Sorry. The longer we put up with this crap the worse it gets so no thank you
they don't call me statman for nothin

MRL_84

For the love of God, could we for once put the wrestlers (and for that matter the grandparent with health issues for whom this is their one and only chance to watch their grandchild wrestle at state) ahead of our personal political inconvenience? EVERYONE is sick of masks, and covid, and people dying. But is it really more of a sacrifice than, say, kids working their whole lives for an opportunity to wrestle in the Kohl Center?

Lol.  Don't worry, after March 1st Grandparents will be magically safe when the mandate ends.  Masks are a joke.

MatScoutWillie

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.  For the love of the big guy for once could we use common sense?!?!??!!?  My kids Grandparents have been to every wrestling match and tournament this year and they don't wear a mask.  And even more crazy, they didn't get the vaccine.  Weird.  Why do I or anyone else need to wear a mask to make anyone feel safe or good?  You do you and I'll do me.
And nothing about this is political to me.  For you it might be.  But, that cause you're probably a Joe Biden supporter.  And before you start to cry, I am not a Trump supporter either.  He's a loon too.  Roll Tide!

LKing

Man, where is Ramjet when we need him.... ;D

downtown

Quote from: LKing on February 19, 2022, 06:25:17 PM
Man, where is Ramjet when we need him.... ;D

I think you doing him in the comment directly above yours.  He is hiding himself as little mat willie.

SayHey42

Wear a mask or don't wear a mask, it won't impact any kid wrestling next weekend. I guess there is a slight possibility someone could ask you to leave the arena if you refuse to wear a mask, but I'd be on that not happening.

Regardless of any mask opinion, I couldn't be more excited to watch some HS wrestling back at the Kohl Center.

If we have anything to complain about, it should be the cost of hotels in downtown Madison   ;D

statman

I ask you to look around when you are out and about. In places where masks are not required, how many people do you see wearing masks?... Hardly any... No one wants to wear these things any more. So stop demanding everyone wear them to make you feel safe.
they don't call me statman for nothin

hornbuckleb

Welcome to Dane County and Madison everyone....so sorry you have to wear a mask to watch wrestling in the Kohl Center.

Keep this in the back of your minds no matter what side of the fence you sit on.  To no fault of their own there were several teams that didn't even have a season last year in Madison.

However, the Mayor did find it in her heart to spend 2 million dollars in Covid relief money to build a homeless encampment this past year. Free heat, showers, food, wifi and needle drop boxes if any one needs a place to stay...

drbrad

Quote from: dman on February 19, 2022, 09:04:45 AM
How is being sick of the mask wearing and understanding of how little protection it offers anyway a "political inconvenience"??  And if you believe in mask, wear them, it is that simple, quite using emotional strawmen arguments about grandparents to force people to feel and think as you do.

You can go on the google machine and find "scientific evidence" that the world is flat, if you so desire. Of course no one in their right mind believes it.

Masks do not eliminate, but do significantly reduce the spread of aerosolized covid virus, especially when worn by those who unknowingly are carrying the virus. Argument can be had about whether we "like" it or not, or whether it's worth the effort and inconvenience. That is fair. But don't use pretend online "scientists" to claim the "little protection" argument. That just. is. not. true. And yes, lots of grandkids no longer have grandparents due to this epidemic. I'm sure they don't consider their dead grandparent "emotional strawmen."

Agree or disagree, just wear the dang mask into the KC. If you want to take it off once you're in your seat, take it off. We did this in Rockford and it was really no big deal- just put them back on while circulating to the bathrooms, etc. As I said, no one enjoys this. But while you're in Rome...

bigoil

Quote from: drbrad on February 19, 2022, 11:26:33 PM
How is being sick of the mask wearing and understanding of how little protection it offers anyway a "political inconvenience"??  And if you believe in mask, wear them, it is that simple, quite using emotional strawmen arguments about grandparents to force people to feel and think as you do.

You can go on the google machine and find "scientific evidence" that the world is flat, if you so desire. Of course no one in their right mind believes it.

Masks do not eliminate, but do significantly reduce the spread of aerosolized covid virus, especially when worn by those who unknowingly are carrying the virus. Argument can be had about whether we "like" it or not, or whether it's worth the effort and inconvenience. That is fair. But don't use pretend online "scientists" to claim the "little protection" argument. That just. is. not. true. And yes, lots of grandkids no longer have grandparents due to this epidemic. I'm sure they don't consider their dead grandparent "emotional strawmen."

Agree or disagree, just wear the dang mask into the KC. If you want to take it off once you're in your seat, take it off. We did this in Rockford and it was really no big deal- just put them back on while circulating to the bathrooms, etc. As I said, no one enjoys this. But while you're in Rome...
The most that masks that people
Inside the kohl
Center wear have been found to protect against the virus is 10%. Most common I've seen is about 3%.

The CDC has come out and said cloth masks do not work as well as others, of course they aren't going to say they don't work at all but that's a pretty damning statement.

Some will argue they do more harm by aerosolizing the droplets even more as they go through the mask.

Henley

Don't go then, simple. Cdc has admitted their numbers are incorrect. They have admitted the mask do absolutely nothing. A top FDA executive is on video saying this is all a money grab. Stay home and stream if you do not feel safe.

dman

Quote from: drbrad on February 19, 2022, 11:26:33 PM

Boy are you an arrogant one...and obviously not very smart.  Clearly the CDC website or the once fawned over John Hopkins studies are just a bunch of "online scientists", hey??  Oops, there goes your narrative...maybe watch the local ABC news or MSNBC tonight to figure out how to think now?

By the way, did you just try and tell me what in the heck to do and to wear a mask?? LOL

Henley

Quote from: MRL_84 on February 19, 2022, 04:44:20 PM

Lol.  Don't worry, after March 1st Grandparents will be magically safe when the mandate ends.  Masks are a joke.

Yep, March 1st! Lol, let the sheep be culled.

badgerstateref

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... But, the March 1st expiration of the mask mandate in Dane County does not apply to University of Wisconsin facilities, to my knowledge. The UW chancellor has extended the mask mandate for campus facilities until March 12. So, that means that Team State will likely operate under the same policies as Individual State.  <ducks>