Mask mandate

Started by Chuck, February 18, 2022, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck

The latest email I have from the WIAA is masks will be required at the Kohl center for the state wrestling tournament next week.
Can anyone confirm this is still the case?
I was thinking to announce this at our sectional tomorrow so people are prepared at the door.

Army Ant

Quote from: gsdad on February 18, 2022, 02:58:45 PM
The latest email I have from the WIAA is masks will be required at the Kohl center for the state wrestling tournament next week.
I was thinking to announce this at our sectional tomorrow so people are prepared at the door.

I'm sure that's the case. Mask mandate is still in effect for Dane Co. until March 1. Maybe they'll have an exemption for wrestlers or possibly officials but not fans.

padre

Quote from: gsdad on February 18, 2022, 02:58:45 PM

Yes..masks will be required by all.  Wrestlers don't wear them while competing.

It's a different world in Madison so people should be ready to have them on pretty much wherever they go.

MatScoutWillie

piratestrong

Willie

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on February 18, 2022, 08:36:04 PM
Don't wear a mask. 
As wrestling fans we will do whatever we need to to let the kids wrestle in the kohl center.

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: piratestrong on February 18, 2022, 09:00:22 PM
Be polite. Wear a mask.
I am polite.  I will not wear a mask though. 

LeftyHeadlock27

just take it off as soon as you sit down, no way they're gonna police it that much

downtown

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on February 18, 2022, 09:18:58 PM
Quote from: piratestrong on February 18, 2022, 09:00:22 PM
Be polite. Wear a mask.
I am polite.  I will not wear a mask though. 

Not even when scuba diving?  You must really be a manly man.

statman

I agree. I've had enough of the mask crap. It ends next month anyways so why even enforce it now? If enough people decide to not wear it are they really going to kick out half the people
they don't call me statman for nothin

drbrad

For the love of God, could we for once put the wrestlers (and for that matter the grandparent with health issues for whom this is their one and only chance to watch their grandchild wrestle at state) ahead of our personal political inconvenience? EVERYONE is sick of masks, and covid, and people dying. But is it really more of a sacrifice than, say, kids working their whole lives for an opportunity to wrestle in the Kohl Center?

Nutsnbolts

It will be like any other mask mandated sporting event, wear when you come thru the door, sit down, most people put it below your chin or not even wear at all. At the badger meet at the field house they didn't enforce it at all

bigoil

Quote from: Nutsnbolts on February 19, 2022, 07:50:17 AM
It will be like any other mask mandated sporting event, wear when you come thru the door, sit down, most people put it below your chin or not even wear at all. At the badger meet at the field house they didn't enforce it at all

they have enforced the mask rule at Badger events, right Harris?

npope

Quote from: drbrad on February 19, 2022, 06:43:32 AM
For the love of God, could we for once put the wrestlers (and for that matter the grandparent with health issues for whom this is their one and only chance to watch their grandchild wrestle at state) ahead of our personal political inconvenience? EVERYONE is sick of masks, and covid, and people dying. But is it really more of a sacrifice than, say, kids working their whole lives for an opportunity to wrestle in the Kohl Center?

Thank you  :)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dman

How is being sick of the mask wearing and understanding of how little protection it offers anyway a "political inconvenience"??  And if you believe in mask, wear them, it is that simple, quite using emotional strawmen arguments about grandparents to force people to feel and think as you do.