High Profile Matches This Week

Started by MatScoutWillie, January 05, 2021, 08:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyJammin

Quote from: bulldog on January 08, 2021, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: ObsessedObserver on January 08, 2021, 03:04:24 PM
I agree a lot of fun to watch AND wrestle in. and commentating would add to alot and be a good addition to the live streams especially if this is to be a new normal for wrestling

I hope it isn't the normal for wrestling in the future BUT as much as I hate Covid I hope wrestling doesn't abandon the live stream in the future. I would not have gone to that meet in a normal year but last night I had one monitor on Mat 1 one on Mat 2 and another on Wittenberg. I watched 3 meets last night and today I am looking around YouTube to find more. Next week I am going to hook up my laptop to my 50" TV call a couple friends, grab a few bags of chips and beverages and watch some more match-ups.

Last night I had two boys in college, one in Milwaukee and one in Des Moines watching the meets with me. What a great way to grow and promote HS wrestling. If the HS go back after this...then the sport will not grow.

I agree. I always try to take something positive away from a negative situation. With that being said, this has forced people to learn how to livestream events. Flowrestling (although I'm personally not a fan of them) and Rokfin have done a great job getting actual wrestling to consumers.

I've always said why not just livestream a dual for people who can't make it due to whatever their reason is. You can use a paywall, and charge whatever you charge to watch the dual in person. That way you're still getting that money. Not to mention you can include advertising for local businesses to make some extra money too, as well has help out a local small business. I know when I worked for Track we were able to provide this. Not sure if it's still the case or not.

bigoil

1/14
#2 D1 Kaukauna vs #1 D2 Wrightstown
Depending on weights, could be some really good match ups.

Both teams will also wrestle Xavier.

I'm looking forward to Klister vs Strand.