Why do coaches, or wrestlers hide match results?

Started by HeyWhat, January 13, 2016, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

In the North Shore, the winning coach does it. I'm not super motivated to type a 76-3 into track.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MarkK

I don't blame you there.  I post a lot of video for our local team.  When then win I throw in all the bells and whistles.  When they don't it's raw video and cut off as soon as the ref blows the whistle.   They win however, and the hand gets raised on the video.   
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

DKelly28

Also, sometimes when results are entered into TW, info gets typed wrong such as putting the wrong date of the dual (wrong year often times) or spelling a wrestlers name incorrectly. I've noticed that those two mistakes are a big reason why some results you need to dig a little bit to find on TW. I think these probably happen most often when a coach or manager is rushing to put the results on TW and just don't notice the errors before publishing.

bulldog90

Tews, back in the old days I made a final at 22-7, I'm sure there's been worse records. 30-0 kid went 0-2 on my side, pinned first match. They didn't have 2 state champs within 30 miles up there.

imnofish

I remember that a long time ago, a Cruz kid from Menomonie barely made it out of Regionals, took second at Sectionals, then won State despite having 10 losses.  That was a lot of losses back then, when kids didn't wrestle so many matches.  I think it was Hector Cruz's son, but I can't remember his first name.  I think that he wrestled at 98 lbs.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

benrud3

Quote from: imnofish on January 16, 2016, 12:38:55 AM
I remember that a long time ago, a Cruz kid from Menomonie barely made it out of Regionals, took second at Sectionals, then won State despite having 10 losses.  That was a lot of losses back then, when kids didn't wrestle so many matches.  I think it was Hector Cruz's son, but I can't remember his first name.  I think that he wrestled at 98 lbs.

You are referring to Paul Cruz from Menomonie, son of Hector from Milwaukee. He was a 103 pounder and the year was 1994. Placed 4th at regionals, 2nd at sectionals, state champion. Peaked at the right time.

imnofish

Quote from: benrud3 on January 16, 2016, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: imnofish on January 16, 2016, 12:38:55 AM

You are referring to Paul Cruz from Menomonie, son of Hector from Milwaukee. He was a 103 pounder and the year was 1994. Placed 4th at regionals, 2nd at sectionals, state champion. Peaked at the right time.

Yes!  That's the guy.  The fact that he was only 4th at Regionals still resonates with me today, as I see some darn good kids (D2 and D3) trapped in stacked regionals.  I was glad to see him get the chance and make the most of it.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

neutral

Quote from: Ghetto on January 15, 2016, 11:39:15 AM
In the North Shore, the winning coach does it. I'm not super motivated to type a 76-3 into track.

... except that - if "In the North Shore, the winning coach does it. ... then, the winning coach is supposed to do it.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

Ghetto

MarkK

;D ;D  Nice one Ghetto. You are class I will say that and I mean it....
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Ghetto

Two things never ever muttered in the same sentence.   ;D