Team Unsportsmanlike Call to decide a Dual

Started by NoFear, December 04, 2015, 09:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoFear

The ref said the reason was excessive celebration

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Lead Foot on December 04, 2015, 10:57:50 AM
It did not decide the meet at the time of the call.  It came down to that call only after the team score was tied at the end of the dual meet!

*laughing*   No match/score decides the meet at that time, unless it's the final match/score.   Not following what your saying - are you trying to say It didn't affect the outcome until it affected the outcome?   :)
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

NoFear

TD Machine

I have heard a story of something like this happening a few years back at a major dual meet, like a sectional or state championship dual. Something along the lines of Team 1 got a pin in the last match to put their team up by 1 to win the dual meet, but in the process, the winner threw his headgear and the fans rushed the mat and they lost 2 points on consecutive unsportsmanlike conducts and lost the dual anyway. Anyone else hear of this one?

wraslfan

Do Ref's even pay attention to team scores while on the mat?

Handles II

I heard the team/coaches had been previously warned about approaching the mat? Perhaps that was a factor? I also understand there was at least one parent that should be banned from future wrestling events due to conduct after the call? That sucks and hurts the sport.

MNbadger

A few years ago a team in MN lost on a thrown headgear.  I am not positive but I think it was the last match of the dual and it wa the section final, losing their trip to the state tourney.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

ramjet

ICEMAN112

Quote from: Handles II on December 06, 2015, 10:19:26 AM
I heard the team/coaches had been previously warned about approaching the mat? Perhaps that was a factor? I also understand there was at least one parent that should be banned from future wrestling events due to conduct after the call? That sucks and hurts the sport.

What hurts wrestling the most is the spreading of rumors. According to the Head coach there wasn't a warning and the comment that a parent should be banned allegation is completely untrue. Parents do have the right to voice their concerns. It astonishes me how some refs decide matches based on who yells against them and not what actually happens on the mat. The celebration of a match didn't warrant a team point. Neither team wanted it to end with a negative outcome. With no disrespect to the other team the call is being appealed. It was a very exciting dual and that's what the sport is about. Do you see penalties being thrown out at the end of Football games or Basketball games when an exciting win happens and the court/field is stormed? There was one match left and it wasn't interrupted with the celebration. The other team wasn't expected to win but overcame several forfeits and come from behind wins to clinch this victory.

Handles II

Parents don't have the right to stand and scream at the ref. They have the right to stand and cheer for their team. The things I was told were according to a Central mom. She didn't like the call either, but at least in her opinion, or from how she saw things, the central team was told to stay on the bench and not come towards the mat. She was very embarrassed by the conduct of one particular parent.

So while this might all be rumor, it was rumor from from a parent from the losing team, so maybe not all that far fetched.

ICEMAN112

Quote from: Handles II on December 06, 2015, 08:04:00 PM
Parents don't have the right to stand and scream at the ref. They have the right to stand and cheer for their team. The things I was told were according to a Central mom. She didn't like the call either, but at least in her opinion, or from how she saw things, the central team was told to stay on the bench and not come towards the mat. She was very embarrassed by the conduct of one particular parent.

So while this might all be rumor, it was rumor from from a parent from the losing team, so maybe not all that far fetched.

Again--The Head Coach and Team were not Warned. The rest are opinions. Sounds like the situation with the parent is being exaggerated. My sources are a little better than a mom who was offended. It went both ways for your info even after the competition was over. Again, It was an exciting dual that should've been only decided by the wrestlers. Time to move on and wait for WIAA decision.