Must See Duals 2015/2016

Started by ElectricGuy, November 18, 2015, 07:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

I saw this posted on the IL forum (sometimes they do have so so ideas south of the border) :)

Anyone who knows of some potential "must see" Duals this season.

I thought of a couple

Dec 10th @ Sauk -   Sauk vs Milton
Dec 12th @ Dells -  Potential Stoughton vs Kaukauna
Jan 29th @ Stoughton - Stoughton vs Milton

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

bulldog

I would like to see Stratford vs Stevens Point - Dec 22nd. I think it will be an interesting match-up of a strong looking but relatively young D3 school vs a seasoned D1 school that should win their regional. Also it looks like they could match up well in the lighter weights.

Low Single

Spring Valley/Elmwood vs. Boyceville should be another solid dual this year for the DSC Title.
60% of the time, it works every time!

bigoil

Northeastern Conference duals between Denmark, Freedom, Luxemburg Casco, Oconto Falls and Wrightstown among others.

foose4

Rapids vs. Stratford at Portage Duals

Possible Pulaski vs. Stratford at Neenah Duals
"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
Zig Ziglar

ElectricGuy

Quote from: foose4 on November 18, 2015, 03:50:50 PM

Jan 23rd

How did Portage get you two to come?  :)   Sounds like a good site for BadgerState to setup!

boowrestle

Anybody know the date of the portage duals??jmo,no disrespect to any of the teams mentioned in matchups vs Stratford, but my $ is on Stratford.Not sure if there is any team in the state that can come close to matching up with the 1/2 of their lineup,but that's why they wrestle the matches.
you can run but you cannot hide.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: ElectricGuy on November 18, 2015, 03:58:19 PM
Quote from: foose4 on November 18, 2015, 03:50:50 PM

Jan 23rd

How did Portage get you two to come?  :)   Sounds like a good site for BadgerState to setup!

Boo,   see above Jan23

DarkKnight

I agree, Stratford will probably take Bi-state (which includes Ellsworth and LC), and there is maybe 2 or 3 teams that can take Stratford...maybe KK, maybe Stoughton, SVE has a pretty darn good team , defending state title team returning (they only lost 1 senior from state title team), but my money is that Stratford takes SVE knowing their likely lineups.

CLC FAN

Not to split hairs - Stratford is a crazy good dual team and an insanely good tournament team, but let's remember that there is a difference.  If healthy, I don't think any team touches Stratford at Bi-State this year because they have too many top-tier studs... but that doesn't mean that they'd necessarily beat the likes of Ellsworth or Hudson in a dual.  Maybe they would - I think it depends on how well spread out their studs are.  They certainly have the talent and the depth to make it interesting with any team in the state.

DarkKnight

Very well said, true there Sir.

I do agree that a dual with Stratford vs any aforementioned top tier team will be very interesting.

for example, State Champ Klien vs a top tier Stratford wrestler (like Schoenherr), or whatever other matchup, makes for a good match.

atrain

Stratford needs to jump their biggest hurdle, Coleman, before we can talk about them facing off against SVE

bigdawg

Quote from: atrain on November 19, 2015, 11:04:23 AM
Stratford needs to jump their biggest hurdle, Coleman, before we can talk about them facing off against SVE
[/queote]
Coleman needs to get past a scrappy shiocton team before we start talking about them dualing Stratford.

atrain

Quote from: bigdawg on November 19, 2015, 11:21:46 AM
Quote from: atrain on November 19, 2015, 11:04:23 AM
[/queote]
Coleman needs to get past a scrappy shiocton team before we start talking about them dualing Stratford.
But first that shiocton team needs to overcome a fearsome falcon squad from Amherst. Don't sleep on Amherst!

npope

Quote from: CLC FAN on November 19, 2015, 09:52:28 AM
Not to split hairs - Stratford is a crazy good dual team and an insanely good tournament team, but let's remember that there is a difference.  If healthy, I don't think any team touches Stratford at Bi-State this year because they have too many top-tier studs... but that doesn't mean that they'd necessarily beat the likes of Ellsworth or Hudson in a dual.  Maybe they would - I think it depends on how well spread out their studs are.  They certainly have the talent and the depth to make it interesting with any team in the state.

People sometimes forget the difference. Way back in 1996 River Falls put six kids in the individual state finals (five won) and they still lost the dual championship to Rapids a week later.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope