AGON blogging on Twitter from UW Whitewater event (1-26-2014)

Started by TomM, January 26, 2014, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Awesome matches to watch on video.  Thanks for posting!  Ben's style and creativity can stymie the best of them; his match was a prime example of creative problem solving, applied to wrestling.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Todd

Quote from: howavi on January 27, 2014, 11:47:50 AM
Great ideas Ghetto.

A) I googled results, couldn't find any.

B) I watched the videos, know updates on score, I was keeping mental score and not that I was paying that close, I sure thought I had it right, so maybe I missed a pushout.

C) Couldn't see the score/time on the small scoreboard.

rules: scoring, # of periods, tie breaker... If I don't know, how is a general sports person going to follow the rules.

On screen scoring and explanation of the rules would be appropriate for the online broadcast. The wrestling was great, production needs to be better.  I understand that there were some unforseen factors that happened last minute but Agon 2 had poor audio and no scoring on the screen as well.  Hopefully something that would be added.
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: woody53 on January 27, 2014, 03:02:31 PM
Wasn't there because of the weather. Heard a ton of good reviews of what happened. Great job. Awesome to see Messenbrink do what he did at his age. He is a God in my book.

Yep, the fact he stepped in with Becker and went the entire 9 minutes was great.  He looks in great shape and for a man of his "experience" I would say outstanding shape.
"This page intentionally left blank".

aarons23

How about Donny P vs Trever....they could do it in conjunction with A Michigan / Wisconsin Dual.....lol
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

Love the Askren vs GSP thing. Make that happen Agon!!!

But first Dake.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

woody53

Quote from: Todd on January 29, 2014, 08:32:35 AM
Quote from: woody53 on January 27, 2014, 03:02:31 PM
Wasn't there because of the weather. Heard a ton of good reviews of what happened. Great job. Awesome to see Messenbrink do what he did at his age. He is a God in my book.

Yep, the fact he stepped in with Becker and went the entire 9 minutes was great.  He looks in great shape and for a man of his "experience" I would say outstanding shape.
A man of his "Experience" ! Yes, awesome condition.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

mike

Quote from: Ghetto on January 29, 2014, 10:00:46 AM
Love the Askren vs GSP thing. Make that happen Agon!!!

But first Dake.

Ben on a wrestling mat vs GSP no contest....with Agon rules Ben wins by 30+

Needs to be in the cage to be considered a dream match-up

bigoil

I would love to see Cael whoop on brands, can't imagined that is a fair matchup based on size. That said, I'm guessing brands ankles aren't much lower than most.