Who beat Cole Wunnicke in high school?

Started by J Feiner, June 13, 2013, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Feiner

I was trying to think of this the other day, but I can't remember the guys name.  I'm pretty sure he was from Bloomington Kennedy out of MN, and it was at Bi-State.    And, did that guy do well in College?
If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

J Feiner

If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

bigG

Tidwell was a cat. B-K really had a scary team for a number of years, there.; including Levesseur. Best HS wrestler I've ever seen.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

OneEyedFatMan

Levesseur or Tidwell?

Quote from: bigG on June 13, 2013, 09:42:02 AM
Tidwell was a cat. B-K really had a scary team for a number of years, there.; including Levesseur. Best HS wrestler I've ever seen.
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

bigG

Levesseur was well and away the best HS wrestler I've ever seen. Tidwell was very good. Levesseur was cat-quick, bull-strong, and trained to hit at the right time. Just a pleasure to see that sort of fit-and-finish in a HS wrestler.

Kevin Black

Tidwell was a two-time state champion and a three-time All-American for Augsburg College.  He coached at Augsburg for 5 years and now coaches at Apple Valley.  He has also spent some summer time in Westboro, WI at Camp of Champs.
Isaiah 26:8

bigG

Not too shabby. Great wrestler. very unique team with kids who all had different techniques. I remember their little guy, whose name, ironically, was Bigboy. Had some of the nicest all around stuff you ever saw in a kid that age. they really had some polished rasslers.

I wonder if the same coach from Auggie that makes Apple valley so tough had his hand in BK back in the day.

wrestler133

Looking through some of the old results of the bi-state tourney, that fun.
Did Joe Wang ever wrestle in college?  If so , where and how did he do?

xx takedown xx

Randomly was looking at 2001 results

1.     Cory Henry   (Viroqua )    Dec 8-2
2.     Mike Rohowetz   (River Valley )
3.     Dustin Steele   (North Crawford)    Dec 6-4
4.     Corey Binger   (Monroe )
5.     Kelly Bires   (Mauston )    Dec 10-5
6.     Travis Grawin   (Royall )
7.     Jayson Ness   (Bloomington Kennedy )    Dec 6-3
8.     Brandon Tewalt   (Westby )
9.     Derek Coorough   (Hillsboro )    Dec 10-8 OT

Strong bracket!

bigG

It's been a really tournament over the years. Always really well run, too.

Wrestlingfan13

add in all the state championships in that bracket and Im guessing its close to a dozen.

Rohowetz was DIII All-American

Coorough wrestled @ Iowa

Ness ... enough said

bigG

I got to see a lot of these guys wrestle several times per year. Cory Henry was perhaps the best all-around wrestler I've seen in the Coulee Region. My God, I admired his dedication to seeking perfection. From a young age, he didn't have the super talent; but the drive to close the gaps between him and the best. Before his tragedy, he was just surreal good. That was one of those that echoed through the whole area.

ryoose

Quote from: wrestler133 on June 13, 2013, 03:51:46 PM
Looking through some of the old results of the bi-state tourney, that fun.
Did Joe Wang ever wrestle in college?  If so , where and how did he do?

I don't think Joe ever wrestled in college. ...from what I remember, I think he was focusing on academics. The last I heard he's a doctor in outer space now. ...or something like that.

...Jeast would be able to tell you for sure...but it's summer time and he's likely protecting his liberties from the government.
In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

jw52

Cole just started a wrestling club in Dodgeville. I have a feeling the kids in that room this summer will raise some eyebrows this coming season.

bigG

His dad , Tim, created some serious monsters in their home. Should have started their own wrestling school. Nice family, there.