Minnesota

Started by leg turk, February 16, 2024, 07:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

LOL!  If the ref was confident in what he saw why didn't he blow the whistle to stop the match?  Why did he let the wrestling continue?  Why did he call a pin then?

I am not saying he necessarily got it wrong but to say the ref knew for sure is crazy.  Heck the wrestlers never stopped wrestling.

The hard part about reaction time is it really is tough to review.  Most reviews are reviewed in slow motion.  Certainly cannot do that with reaction time
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

fightfightfight

Also, if you watch the video, the ref doesn't put up 3 points for Wells until Rivera has him on his back.

asdf

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 22, 2024, 11:13:15 AMLOL!  If the ref was confident in what he saw why didn't he blow the whistle to stop the match?  Why did he let the wrestling continue?  Why did he call a pin then?

I am not saying he necessarily got it wrong but to say the ref knew for sure is crazy.  Heck the wrestlers never stopped wrestling.

The hard part about reaction time is it really is tough to review.  Most reviews are reviewed in slow motion.  Certainly cannot do that with reaction time

Ref confidence level has nothing to do with the review, delay in call on the mat, etc.  And actually reaction time can be assessed in slow motion (and should be). Ref can look at it in slow motion, extrapolate out the time to make a determination.  The Ref let the match play out then went to video to see.  Would it have been better if he stopped it after the TD, then went back as decided it wasn't?  Better to not call the pin?  Ref did it perfect.  This is the new officiating way.

More importantly Nicolar is looking great.  My question is everyone on here believes he is a small 133#, will be 125# next year.  Do we know this for sure?

bigoil

Quote from: asdf on February 23, 2024, 08:48:54 AM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 22, 2024, 11:13:15 AMLOL!  If the ref was confident in what he saw why didn't he blow the whistle to stop the match?  Why did he let the wrestling continue?  Why did he call a pin then?

Ref confidence level has nothing to do with the review, delay in call on the mat, etc.  And actually reaction time can be assessed in slow motion (and should be). Ref can look at it in slow motion, extrapolate out the time to make a determination.  The Ref let the match play out then went to video to see.  Would it have been better if he stopped it after the TD, then went back as decided it wasn't?  Better to not call the pin?  Ref did it perfect.  This is the new officiating way.

More importantly Nicolar is looking great.  My question is everyone on here believes he is a small 133#, will be 125# next year.  Do we know this for sure?

I recall Coach Bono mentioning he was walking around 136#, I'd say that is even on the smaller side for 125#'rs.

vsmf2010

Quote from: bigoil on February 23, 2024, 09:06:43 AM
Quote from: asdf on February 23, 2024, 08:48:54 AM

I recall Coach Bono mentioning he was walking around 136#, I'd say that is even on the smaller side for 125#'rs.

Agreed. I see him at 125 for the rest of his career.