4-0
0-6
3-0
3-0
3-0
0-3
0-4
16-19
need one more win or a bunch of bonus. It would be great to see EB get a win but Ramos is wrestling great right now. If I was picking an upset I think I would go with Otto.

vsmf2010

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 03, 2024, 02:38:38 PM0-3
3-0
0-3
4-0
0-6
3-0
3-0
3-0
0-3
0-4
16-19
need one more win or a bunch of bonus. It would be great to see EB get a win but Ramos is wrestling great right now. If I was picking an upset I think I would go with Otto.

You only giving DJ a decision? If Fugitt goes at 41 we got a shot. Nicolar and Max could certainly bonus. After last weekend I thought Rosenfeld would win this match but after Friday I am not as confident. That would be a big win in a tight dual.

vsmf2010

Well that was nutty!

leg turk

CLC FAN

vsmf2010

To start with EB made a mistake off bottom and gave up 4 NF in the 2nd but did a great job battling off his back for over a minute. That was the story of the match.

Nicolar got down 7-0 and had nothing going. Picked neutral in the 3rd, got a nice TD off a counter neck wrench and almost but him on his back. Kept riding which seemed like a mistake at the time but go 4 off a tilt with time running down to take it to OT. Got into a crazy scramble in OT to win it.

Zan out wrestled the guy but lost a close 1. A few calls could have gone the other way in this one.

Joey wrestled well but probably should have been able to major that guy. Got a big gash on his lip which caused a lot blood time which hurt the flow of the match and probably cost him the major.

Goebel lost a wild one. Certainly could have won. Lots of aggression and effort but a fair number of mistakes as well.

DJ, TD, cradle, pin!

Max got way down and looked flat footed. No answer for Baumann double for the first 4 plus minutes. Taken down 3 times in the 1st and a 4th time in the 2nd. Fought back and got 5 straight TD's in the 2nd, 3rd and OT for the win. Fantastic effort!

Liegel wrestled a controlled smart match. Rode Rowley for the entire 2nd which really set the tone.

Condon went for a big move in the 1st and got his foot caught, lost his balance and went to his back and got pinned. Major bummer because I would have liked to see more of him wrestling.

With the dual on the line Gannon wrestled a very controlled smart 2 minutes and got the first TD. Gave up the escape, got taken down off a bad shot, got into an arm bat and over the top that put a lot of pressure on this shoulder and gave up 4 NF to end the first. Looked hurt and thought he was going to give up injury time but he declined and Purdue chose bottom. Had a nice mat return, put the leg, went to a head and arm, switched to a half, got swipes, rotated on top and got the pin!

npope

Really pleased to see that Rosenfeld was able to put it away with the meet on the line. VERY happy for him.

Congratulations to the Badgers for winning one that they easily could have lost.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

vsmf2010

Fun and nerve racking to watch at the same time. I do not remember a dual with so many momentum swings.

dad 2 5

good win for them, Any word on Otto not going? Good to see GR get a win in the Big Ten

Harris

Great weekend for the Badgers.

wrestlemania

Quote from: npope on February 04, 2024, 02:48:52 PMReally pleased to see that Rosenfeld was able to put it away with the meet on the line. VERY happy for him.

Congratulations to the Badgers for winning one that they easily could have lost.

Agreed, he's shown a lot of improvement since the start of the season that was evident in today's meet. And toughness too!

TomM

No. 23 Wisconsin 24, Purdue 15 - Feb. 4, 2024 - West Lafayette, Ind. | WIS - PUR
125: #1 Matt Ramos (PUR) over #2 Eric Barnett (WIS), Dec. 4-1 | 0-3
133: Nicolar Rivera (WIS) over Dustin Norris (PUR), Dec. 10-7 (SV-1) | 3-3
141: Christian White (PUR) over Zan Fugitt (WIS), Dec. 4-3 | 3-6
149: #22 Joseph Zargo (WIS) over Marcos Polanco (PUR), Dec. 11-5 | 6-6
157: Isaac Ruble (PUR) over Cody Goebel (WIS), Dec. 14-12 | 6-9
165: #5 Dean Hamiti (WIS) over Stoney Buell (PUR), Fall 1:06 | 12-9
174: #12 Max Maylor (WIS) over #32 Brody Baumann (PUR), 19-16 (SV-1) | 15-9
184: #16 Shane Liegel (WIS) over James Rowley (PUR), Dec. 5-2 | 18-9
197: Ben Vanadia (PUR) over Luke Condon (WIS), Fall 1:44 | 18-15
285: Gannon Rosenfeld (WIS) over Tristan Ruhlman (PUR), Fall 4:10 | 24-15
All rankings are Intermat for Jan. 30, 2024
Attendance: 438
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DocWrestling

Strange dual that almost seemed like a high school dual with comebacks and ebbs and flows and mistakes costing points.

It is fair to say that Purdue's Big Ten + wrestling crew was extremely bad.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

vsmf2010

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 04, 2024, 06:40:26 PMStrange dual that almost seemed like a high school dual with comebacks and ebbs and flows and mistakes costing points.

The one guy (expert commentator) was okay and seemed to know a little about wrestling but the main guy (play by play) was awful. My son and I were watching and we were saying "just stop talking" "Please!"

imwi

Quote from: vsmf2010 on February 04, 2024, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on February 04, 2024, 06:40:26 PMStrange dual that almost seemed like a high school dual with comebacks and ebbs and flows and mistakes costing points.

The one guy (expert commentator) was okay and seemed to know a little about wrestling but the main guy (play by play) was awful. My son and I were watching and we were saying "just stop talking" "Please!"

I agree but I also think it's way better than it used to be, you never knew what you were going to get.  The classic was the "illegal fist to the back" when the ref called stalling, pretty sure that's what it was.