Ask me anything (AMA)

Started by JacobRaschka, February 07, 2023, 04:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobRaschka

Ask me anything! I will be answering any questions from 7-8pm tonight about WIwrestle, the merge with WIsconsin wrestling online, or any other things you guys have questions about.

Fire away!

bulldog

so...it seems the "WiWrestling Main Forum" chat board has disappeared from the main page of the forum. Only reason I found this thread is because I was already on the page. But I think as soon as I back out I will not be able to find it again.

thequad

Can you give me a complete bracket for D2 and Dd3 regional tournaments?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

JacobRaschka

Quote from: bulldog on February 07, 2023, 05:12:07 PMso...it seems the "WiWrestling Main Forum" chat board has disappeared from the main page of the forum. Only reason I found this thread is because I was already on the page. But I think as soon as I back out I will not be able to find it again.
This issue has been fixed.

BennyD

Will the info on youth wrestling events still be the same or will that become premium content?

JacobRaschka

Quote from: BennyD on February 07, 2023, 06:36:24 PMWill the info on youth wrestling events still be the same or will that become premium content?

Youth tournament calendar will be free to view. We are currently working on getting that onto our website.

https://wiwrestle.com/

thats2!

Any new changes that you can mention to the website or forum? is it ever gonna be in a app format?

JacobRaschka

Quote from: thats2! on February 07, 2023, 07:12:12 PMAny new changes that you can mention to the website or forum? is it ever gonna be in a app format?
Our website https://wiwrestle.com/ will have some changes to it such as having a forum tab and also adding in the youth tournament calendar. Working on a streaming calendar for next season which will allow viewers to see months in advance what we will be streaming.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

How do you plan to reach out to all parts of the state, including the Northern schools, to offer your abilities to stream dual meets and tournaments?
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

JacobRaschka

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 07, 2023, 07:30:40 PMHow do you plan to reach out to all parts of the state, including the Northern schools, to offer your abilities to stream dual meets and tournaments?
We have something in the works that will allow us to stream more events and reach more parts of the state. Stay tuned for another announcement tomorrow :)

WrestlerSB80

Will you guys cover youth team and individual state?

Numbers

Could the top 3-5 rankings per weight class be listed for free on the website or forum with the more detailed rankings staying behind a paywall?

I think you may struggle to be the main source in Wisconsin wrestling if the casual fan is not provided content without a subscription.

JacobRaschka

Quote from: Numbers on February 13, 2023, 12:40:25 PMCould the top 3-5 rankings per weight class be listed for free on the website or forum with the more detailed rankings staying behind a paywall?

I think you may struggle to be the main source in Wisconsin wrestling if the casual fan is not provided content without a subscription.

We don't anticipate ever making the rankings free. Certain pieces of content need to be behind a paywall so we can make money to fund everything we are doing. Our goal is to put out the best content for wrestling in the state of Wisconsin and do that it takes a lot of time and results in this being our full time job.

We also have a large amount of free content. We have a weekly podcast and now have the Wisconsin wrestler podcast as well, we have free preview/recap articles, bunch of articles on colleges around the state, and even have posted some matches for free. Last weekend we had the Hayward/Northwood regional live for free. On our socials we have match clips, graphics, and more.

Really hope we can get your guys support so wrestling in Wisconsin can get the coverage it deserves.

badgerstateref

Quote from: JacobRaschka on February 13, 2023, 02:24:16 PM
Quote from: Numbers on February 13, 2023, 12:40:25 PMCould the top 3-5 rankings per weight class be listed for free on the website or forum with the more detailed rankings staying behind a paywall?

We don't anticipate ever making the rankings free. Certain pieces of content need to be behind a paywall so we can make money to fund everything we are doing. Our goal is to put out the best content for wrestling in the state of Wisconsin and do that it takes a lot of time and results in this being our full time job.

We also have a large amount of free content. We have a weekly podcast and now have the Wisconsin wrestler podcast as well, we have free preview/recap articles, bunch of articles on colleges around the state, and even have posted some matches for free. Last weekend we had the Hayward/Northwood regional live for free. On our socials we have match clips, graphics, and more.

Really hope we can get your guys support so wrestling in Wisconsin can get the coverage it deserves.

You guys are all doing a great job to highlight and provide coverage to the sport in WI. I happily pay the subscription. Looking forward to seeing things continue to grow.

Ghetto

Will you be a part of the wrestling seeding show on Bally's?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove