Northern Badger Wrestling Classic 12/29 - 12/30/2022 River Falls

Started by TomM, December 26, 2022, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern wrestler

To answer a couple questions. Yes there is prior history.
It still comes down to the same thing. As coaches if we are told to come to the head table with questions the Official should at least listen to the question.
All I wanted was clarification on a takedown I thought we had. He asked if I was questioning his ability to ref. I said Yes! I asked if we could ask the other official what he had seen. I was told no need to do that. 1st penalty point.
2nd penalty point came from me asking why the second official is needed if he doesn't say anything.(MyBad) this resulting in the ejection.
There was also another call later in the match where he did ask the other official and they awarded 2 takedown on another close out of bounds scramble. My other coaches didn't dare ask about it for fear they would be ejected as well.
Clarification on takedowns needs to happen.
This official sure seems the need to interject himself in a lot of matches.
It was a great match no matter the outcome for each wrestler.

Tim Kaufman
Northwestern Wrestling

littleguy301

Before this get out of line, northern badger was run very very well if not great!

Full girls championship
Wrestle back to third

All this fit in in very close to the same time frame as years past with lesser teams and no girls divisions. Have to hand it to the staff making it all work.

Thank you northern badger staff, job well done!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

I wasnt in your discussion coach, so I cannt comment, but what you say about asking the second refs for an opinion and very similar response was given to other coaches.

I understand coaches and refs are not going to agree but having good communication needs to happen. We ask coaches are asked to come to the table, sit in the corners, rank the refs and when we do these things and get I dont know, not my problem answers isnt flying real well in the open communication field.

There are some great refs that do communicate. It is usually just a few that cloud the days.

Thank you for refs that are working very well with communication and I hope both coaches and refs that maybe not doing this, please man up and start!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

briggs

Being a former official I thought the officiating overall was pretty consistent, saw some poor calls but saw some really good calls as well(which won't get brought up on the forum LOL) That match was very odd from the start. I think it's tough as an official and a coach in these 2-day tourneys.  You are reffing and coaching 2 straight days and in the finals, you have to be on your "A" game.  Emotions are high. I really appreciated the way Kaufman(wrestler) handled the call, he kept wrestling hard and almost pulled it off. Im looking forward to the re match come tourney time.