Regional Seeding

Started by Tews19, January 31, 2017, 01:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tews19

May someone please explain how seeding works for Regionals??? Sorry in advance if this has been covered.

wrastle63

Based on records, head to head, and accomplishments.

Jeff Farrell

This is how all Regionals are setup in Trackwrestling:

1. Has had 10 match(es) towards Varsity Record
Default Value: No
Sort Descending
Select yes or no from the select box

2. Varsity Record winning percentage
Default Value: 0.000
Sort Descending
Enter the value of (Number of Varsity Record wins)/(Total Varsity Record matches)

3. Varsity Record wins
Default Value: 0.000
Sort Descending
Enter the number of Varsity Record wins

This tournament will also be using head to head competition to seed wrestlers. Coaches will have from 02/09/2017 at 11:59 p.m. until 02/10/2017 at 11:59 p.m. to login and indicate the other wrestlers in the bracket that their wrestler has beaten.  The wrestlers will first be placed in order using the seeding criteria above, then any wrestler that has beaten a wrestler within 1 slot(s) above him and has not lost to any wrestler below the wrestler will get moved ahead of the wrestler he/she beat.  If a wrestler has beaten a wrestler but lost to another wrestler below the wrestler he/she beat, that wrestler will not be moved.

DocWrestling

Just remember that I believe coaches have until the actual seeding meeting and seeing the weigh-ins to decide what weight class they want a wrestler to be in.  They can change weight classes after everything has been entered into trackwrestling
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

bigoil

Quote from: DocWrestling on January 31, 2017, 01:37:10 PM
Just remember that I believe coaches have until the actual seeding meeting and seeing the weigh-ins to decide what weight class they want a wrestler to be in.  They can change weight classes after everything has been entered into trackwrestling
But not able to see other regionals

CLC FAN

Quote from: bigoil on January 31, 2017, 02:01:46 PM

Right... that's why even though certain regionals start competing at different times, trackwrestling waits until the last one is underway to release any of the final information to the public.  It makes sense and seems the most fair.  I think Doc was trying to make sure that what happened a few years ago wasn't repeated, where some officials mistakenly thought that a coach's trackwrestling roster was final.  A coach has until the beginning of the seeding meeting to decide what his final roster will be.

bigoil

Quote from: CLC FAN on January 31, 2017, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: bigoil on January 31, 2017, 02:01:46 PM

Right... that's why even though certain regionals start competing at different times, trackwrestling waits until the last one is underway to release any of the final information to the public.  It makes sense and seems the most fair.  I think Doc was trying to make sure that what happened a few years ago wasn't repeated, where some officials mistakenly thought that a coach's trackwrestling roster was final.  A coach has until the beginning of the seeding meeting to decide what his final roster will be.

Correct. I don't understand why all regionals don't start at 10:00.

chuckref

Depending on what weight class they qualify for.

Chuck

thequad

I think you must declare your weight at weigh in. If you wait till seeding meeting you can adjust according to where other wrestlers declare their weight class.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

TomM

Why seed? They best wrestler will move on, right?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

CLC FAN

npope

Quote from: TomM on January 31, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

The debate relates to whether the second-best wrestler will move on, right? That's why there is so much debate about seeding at regionals. Of course, the exception is in Division A - where everybody and their girl friend moves on to sectionals ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

CLC FAN

And quad... that is incorrect.  Head ref is supposed to meet with each coach privately just prior to the beginning ofvthe seeding meeting, but after weigh-ins are done and public.  At that time each team is locked in and can't change after they find out what other teams did

DocWrestling

Weigh-ins happen and every coach sees the results.  All coaches go to seeding meeting.  Head official takes head coach of each team out one by one and asks them if they would like to make any changes to their lineup they originally submitted on trackwrestling.  Once he has spoken to all coaches the head ref announces any changes to all and lineups are final.  Computer worker makes changes on Trackwrestling.  Then seeding meeting starts and they post how trackwrestling has them seeded. Coaches then can argue for changes.  A vote is taken on any change.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

TomM

Quote from: npope on January 31, 2017, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: TomM on January 31, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

The debate relates to whether the second-best wrestler will move on, right? That's why there is so much debate about seeding at regionals. Of course, the exception is in Division A - where everybody and their girl friend moves on to sectionals ;)

There are already too many 'second chances'. Advance one, only the best moves on. Why allow so many tries at the guy who defeated you previously?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"