Great Day of Wrestling

Started by South Coach, February 15, 2015, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novakm

Quote from: WrestlingCreaper on February 16, 2015, 10:28:13 AM
You're welcome IMNOFISH.  ;D

Quotelast week at conference Creek and Dodgeland got the best game of sharks and minnows going ever the entire gym was playing it was awesome to watch

Some of those wrestlers, when they have some time on their hands, just like to be a kid again, have fun and let loose.

I heard there has been some "Duck, Duck Wrestler" games going on this year as well.

Nice break for them and then back to the hard work on the mat.

I do worry sometimes what my kids are doing when we are in the coach's room.  And yes, I'm aware that it is usually my kids who start up the "halftime activities."   But I agree with you WrestlingCreaper...our kids bust their butts in practice and in competition.  Nothing wrong with a little fun here and there.  It's a long season.  I too often read about how we are losing numbers in our sports and we can't fill teams.  Sometimes we focus too much on winning and not the fun.  But in reality, we just need numbers.  Every coach in this state can train a kid to be a great wrestler given enough time.  But if that kid doesn't come out for wrestling because they don't see the fun side of it, they just see the brutal practices and competitions, they will just be another video game playing, stay at home kid who has to "work" or is "going to lift for football."

And yes Fanoftakedowns, that was a pretty cool site seeing members of every school coming back from the second gym high-fiving each other after the game of dodgeball.  Those fun side moments are some great memories for all those kids.  This is something you won't see in most other sports.  Not every wrestler joins the team to be a state champion, some just want to be a part of a team. 

WrestlingCreaper

Novakm,

QuoteNot every wrestler joins the team to be a state champion, some just want to be a part of a team.

Agree, agree, agree.  Too much of the bullying in our school systems now-a-days or kids plain just being mean  :( and kids just want to "BE A PART" of something, even if they're not the next All Star or Super Star that some end up being, they get that TEAM / group appreciation they deserve.

It all starts with how you respect one another and include the ones that are needing that extra guidance, help and attention that
they may not get from home, parents, school, etc. 

Perhaps we should start recruiting for "After School Game Time (ASGT)... Dodgeball, Duck Duck Wrestler, etc." and then throw in some wrestling at the end?  May get a better turnout of kids.  Just like given' them candy to lure them in...

And I'm going on record here that there is NO WAY I'm giving my wrestler any candy for the next 2 weeks! He's already locked into the sport of wrestling, which is a good thing for him or else I would have to disown him.

(hee hee hee)   ;D :D ;D

Quack

In todays day and age, some schools might not allow Dodgeball, might be to violent :o ;D ;D ;D
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

imnofish

Quote from: Quack on February 16, 2015, 02:44:35 PM
In todays day and age, some schools might not allow Dodgeball, might be to violent :o ;D ;D ;D

Our school used to do it for a homeroom activity, but we used marshmallows instead of rubber balls.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!