no more school boy duals!

Started by aarons23, September 11, 2014, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

"Keep in Mind Dieringer was dinged up in that 2010 match against Ness otherwise Ness goes down."

Uh, we don't have any reason to think that. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bman

I don't know the rationale for the decision, but I am open to hearing it.  I have not had a problem with the decision to bypass the cadet and junior duals.  The time, and expense certainly had a toll on those trying to prepare for, as well as travel to Fargo.  For those two age groups, especially the Juniors, the importance of Fargo is at a whole different level. I will concur with those that spoke fondly of the experience their kids had at the schoolboy duals. I also know that wrestling your way on to that team at freestyle and Greco state was a goal for many, and it created a great sense of satisfaction.
One thing I am cognizant of is the time commitment our state coaches have to make.  If they have committed to being at Kids/Cadet Northern Plains, as well as at Kids Nationals at the dells, instead of the Schoolboy duals, I understand. I think (just a guess) that it may be a decision based on where the WWF and the coaches think their time should be spent based on what is best for WI wrestling.

billymurphy

MNbadger,
If you saw the Dieringer/Ness match at the duals you would agree with me.

But the point of the topic is not one match, it is whether to go to the duals or not.
I realize money is a key factor, but why do you think ever major wrestling state
sends a competitive team?  The answer is obvious, it is a fantastic tournament and
it is embarrassing for Wisconsin not to even send a team.  Wisconsin won a
national title in Greco and now we do not even send a team? What a huge disappointment.

uncle Fester

fester even had a good time at these duals..
we didnt come here for a picnic