State of Wisconsin Rapids Wrestling Program

Started by Ravishing Rick Rude, December 24, 2013, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missinghome

Be careful when you start talking about "recruiting" If you following wrestling at all just track some (or should I say most) of these kids now. It used to be "I wonder what weight he will wrestle in high school" now it is " I wonder where he will go to high school" I am not talking about just D1 schools either, D2 and D3 are just as bad.

imnofish

Recruiting could also be done within the existing student body.  Recruiting kids in your community to get involved in wrestling is how it has always been done. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I'm guilty of that action.

I don't know about illegal recruiting. I think Rapids got  a bad rap for this; as Dale Einerson just moved his business there, and he semi-adopted a good wrestler. So, Rapids got some studs, there; but nothing illegal about that. I'm sure he was happy with Lodi, another very good program.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

WINfan

Quote from: JAMMIN on December 25, 2013, 08:28:46 PM
Quote from: Ravishing Rick Rude on December 24, 2013, 03:05:23 PM
Hey Guys,

Not a wrestling die hard but am definitely a fan of the sport from afar.  Could someone please get me an update on the state of the Wisconsin Rapids Wrestling program?  They were obviously an amazing program for a long time but then had a down year last year.  Was that attributed to youth or because of not meeting expectations?  Also, do they have some wrestlers who will challenge for a state title this year/in the coming years?  Can anyone in the know get me an update on whether or not they have some studs coming up in the near future?

Thanks in advance!

Recruiting has been down the last few years!

lol.....this is funny coming from a kaukauna guy.