Individual Rankigs

Started by Ottballs, February 15, 2024, 12:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottballs

Where can I find Rankings/Pairings please

chrisburey

I am now a https://www.wisconsingrappler.com fan and will not pay JacobRaschka for his opinion! Wiwrestling offers little w/o the banter of BigG, Rammy, Maggie etc...

New School

Quote from: chrisburey on February 17, 2024, 08:01:22 AMI am now a https://www.wisconsingrappler.com fan and will not pay JacobRaschka for his opinion! Wiwrestling offers little w/o the banter of BigG, Rammy, Maggie etc...

Yeah!  Stick it to the people running around the state bringing more coverage and content to Wisconsin wrestling on a weekly basis than ever before.  Nobody is forcing you to subscribe to all the content and opinions which you clearly want to see but don't think the people putting in hours on hours to produce should be compensated.

I've been able to watch more meets and teams this year than ever before and I am happy to pay to see it. 

littleguy301

Quote from: chrisburey on February 17, 2024, 08:01:22 AMI am now a https://www.wisconsingrappler.com fan and will not pay JacobRaschka for his opinion! Wiwrestling offers little w/o the banter of BigG, Rammy, Maggie etc...

Maggie passed on, now watching wrestling from the big stool in the sky! I miss BigG also, rammy?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 17, 2024, 08:31:36 PM

Maggie passed on, now watching wrestling from the big stool in the sky! I miss BigG also, rammy?
Ramjet I assume he meant.

wrestle03

I as well miss seeing BigG posts.

Whizzersoldman

Quote from: Ottballs on February 15, 2024, 12:23:08 PMWhere can I find Rankings/Pairings please
Flowwrestling also has rankings with no divisions.  Top 10 in each weight class

VQOriginal

Yeah!  Stick it to the people running around the state bringing more coverage and content to Wisconsin wrestling on a weekly basis than ever before.  Nobody is forcing you to subscribe to all the content and opinions which you clearly want to see but don't think the people putting in hours on hours to produce should be compensated.

I've been able to watch more meets and teams this year than ever before and I am happy to pay to see it. 

[/quote]

Charging to watch duals is one thing. I'll pay for that content any day. Not rankings or opinions.

SP

Quote from: VQOriginal on February 18, 2024, 11:20:48 AMYeah!  Stick it to the people running around the state bringing more coverage and content to Wisconsin wrestling on a weekly basis than ever before.  Nobody is forcing you to subscribe to all the content and opinions which you clearly want to see but don't think the people putting in hours on hours to produce should be compensated.

Charging to watch duals is one thing. I'll pay for that content any day. Not rankings or opinions.
[/quote]

Can we assume you do not buy magazines or newspapers? Lots of opinions in both.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

jdwrestle

I'm going to ask this. I've read on hear many times about growing the sport; I think this includes both die yards and the casual fan alike as the target groups. I was wondering if now that both groups have to pay for content, videos, and opinions is there growth in interest for wrestling. I am not sure and was wondering if the admins or someone more data competent than myself have any data about the volume of people coming to watch or read on this site. Any chance of having some data to share about the comparison of this years traffic/users versus years past. I'm on here reading and browsing often but was just curious if there was an increase, decrease, or no change now that people have to pay.
The harder you work, the harder it is to lose.

VQOriginal

Can we assume you do not buy magazines or newspapers? Lots of opinions in both.
[/quote]

That would be a safe assumption. If a newspaper has an article online that I would like to possibly read, and they block it to go to a pay wall, I won't pay. I am not going to pay for something I may only need access to a few times. I am definitely not going to pay to listen to someone's opinion on kids flexing on their opponents. I am also not going to pay for someone to rank. I get behind paying for events. That actually takes work. Blood, sweat and tears work. That is deserving of my money.

Now, I have access to it all at no cost, because of what I do. But, I would not be putting any money down on opinions at all. No one is this state has that much credibility for me to pay for that kind of content. I also do not charge for my podcast. If I did, I'd be a hypocrite.

bigoil

Wissports does an incredible job and a ton of work in Football and basketball. Most of it is free.

Team Rankings - Free
Stats - Season, by game, overall state leaders, etc Free
Schedule - Free
Standings - Free

Ranking by class - they have behind a pay wall.
You want to read an article about their opinion on a bracket, or predictions - paywall.

As a parent, I paid for the good stuff but now as just a fan, I don't need to pay. I have said this to Jacob and Nate, I think they do a great job but they should have rankings for free on rokfin (and or here). It drives people to your page which they should be able to get compensated for through advertisers. Get them to your site to buy the plus $.

I personally already subscribe to rokfin, so for me it isn't a big deal but think they are missing an opportunity.

beastmode

All you guys who want all of this for free are ridiculous. These guys are trying to make something special for Wisconsin wrestling with all of the podcasts, livestreams, rankings etc. it doesn't come without time and cost. This is no different than not supporting the small town stores then complaining when they close down.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine