Fennimore vs IGH vs Aquinas

Started by rankwizard, February 08, 2024, 06:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankwizard

These 3 teams match up differently with each other, as most teams do. The top 3 teams in D3 get to battle it out soon for their one state spot, and it seems Fennimore is favored vs IGH, IGH favored vs Aquinas, but Aquinas would be favored vs Fennimore. Just on paper that I see, of course I can be wrong- just giving it they eye test.

I got to see who changes weights, and if the Fennimore guy can make 106- which he hasn't done yet but I assume they are making him get down there for Saturday.

thats2!

Quote from: rankwizard on February 08, 2024, 06:58:19 AMThese 3 teams match up differently with each other, as most teams do. The top 3 teams in D3 get to battle it out soon for their one state spot, and it seems Fennimore is favored vs IGH, IGH favored vs Aquinas, but Aquinas would be favored vs Fennimore. Just on paper that I see, of course I can be wrong- just giving it they eye test.

I got to see who changes weights, and if the Fennimore guy can make 106- which he hasn't done yet but I assume they are making him get down there for Saturday.

Iowa Grant/Highland won the SWC/SWAL clash, if they can have a repeat performance and out wrestle Fennimore at regionals that would most likely set up a first round match up of Aquinas vs Fennimore at team sectionals. Going to be some very intense and high level wrestling. Best time of the year!

rankwizard

I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Curious who changes weights for each of these 3 teams. Aquinas guys can drop and so forth.

Nate Arquinego

Quote from: thats2! on February 08, 2024, 08:35:54 AM
Quote from: rankwizard on February 08, 2024, 06:58:19 AMThese 3 teams match up differently with each other, as most teams do. The top 3 teams in D3 get to battle it out soon for their one state spot, and it seems Fennimore is favored vs IGH, IGH favored vs Aquinas, but Aquinas would be favored vs Fennimore. Just on paper that I see, of course I can be wrong- just giving it they eye test.

Iowa Grant/Highland won the SWC/SWAL clash, if they can have a repeat performance and out wrestle Fennimore at regionals that would most likely set up a first round match up of Aquinas vs Fennimore at team sectionals. Going to be some very intense and high level wrestling. Best time of the year!

That regional team race is going to be crazy!