Success multiplier

Started by dforsythe, October 31, 2023, 06:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dforsythe

Looking at the enrollment numbers that just came out. It is likely that Prairie du Chien will drop to D3. But they only need to be in the sectional final this year to trigger the success multiplier and move up a division. So if their enrollment drops them to D3 and the success multiplier moves them up a division would they be back in D2. Or since their success happened in D2, would they move up to D1? Or is it possible since they dropped a division they stay in D3?

Numbers

Where can those enrollment numbers be found?

rankwizard

Quote from: dforsythe on October 31, 2023, 06:37:55 AMLooking at the enrollment numbers that just came out. It is likely that Prairie du Chien will drop to D3. But they only need to be in the sectional final this year to trigger the success multiplier and move up a division. So if their enrollment drops them to D3 and the success multiplier moves them up a division would they be back in D2. Or since their success happened in D2, would they move up to D1? Or is it possible since they dropped a division they stay in D3?

I think they would be back in D2, since enrollment puts them in D3 and they would move up one division from where their enrollment puts them.

Seems two or three teams from D3 will move up to D2, Fennimore, Coleman or Shiocton, maybe Random Lake, PDC in a strange way as you described.

Numbers

Quote from: dforsythe on October 31, 2023, 06:37:55 AMLooking at the enrollment numbers that just came out. It is likely that Prairie du Chien will drop to D3. But they only need to be in the sectional final this year to trigger the success multiplier and move up a division. So if their enrollment drops them to D3 and the success multiplier moves them up a division would they be back in D2. Or since their success happened in D2, would they move up to D1? Or is it possible since they dropped a division they stay in D3?
This is a great question. 

D3 would not be an option next year if they get to the 6 point level over 3 years.  My thought is the starting point for 24-25 is D3 based on enrollment.  Then with 6 plus points is promoted to D2 for 24-25  (Only move up 1 division in a year)

If they make the state finals this year in D2 and get another 3 points, in 25-26 they would move up to D1 based on 6 plus points in D2 over a three year period (even with no points earned in 24-25.

Just my interpretation.

dforsythe

rankwizard

Quote from: Numbers on October 31, 2023, 08:11:23 AM
This is a great question. 

D3 would not be an option next year if they get to the 6 point level over 3 years.  My thought is the starting point for 24-25 is D3 based on enrollment.  Then with 6 plus points is promoted to D2 for 24-25.  (Only move up 1 division in a year)

If they make the state finals this year in D2 and get another 3 points, in 25-26 they would move up to D1 based on 6 plus points in D2 over a three year period (even with no points earned in 24-25).

Just my interpretation.

In that interpretation, they would move up to D2 in 24-25... since every year they look at the 3 previous years, from what I remember. Every year the past 3 years are taken into account.

CaveMan

What would this mean for teams that have good individuals but aren't Sectional Championship level teams. Does our enrollment continue to dictate our division?   

Numbers

Quote from: CaveMan on October 31, 2023, 02:21:51 PMWhat would this mean for teams that have good individuals but aren't Sectional Championship level teams. Does our enrollment continue to dictate our division?   
No direct impact if Team is not a D1 sectional champ or D2/D3 sectional Team finalist.

But if your enrollment is near the bottom of D1 or D2 you might move down a division as 2-4 teams move up a division.

Army Ant

Will this apply to the individual tournament too? This will really water down the d2 and especially d3 tournaments that are impacted.if the best schools (and individuals) from d3 move up, then what does a d3 (or maybe d2 when those top teams and individuals move up) title mean? Sort of like winning the NIT in basketball?

bigoil

It has to apply to the individual tournament as well because the two tournaments are unfortunately linked already through the determination of deciding who qualifies for team sectionals.

Army Ant

So if I'm not related to a d3 boy wrestler or friend of his parents, why should I pay attention to the d3 tournament after Fennimore, Stratford, Aquinas, Mineral Pt and Coleman move up to D2?

Skramblewrestling1224

Numbers

Quote from: Army Ant on November 01, 2023, 12:59:05 PMSo if I'm not related to a d3 boy wrestler or friend of his parents, why should I pay attention to the d3 tournament after Fennimore, Stratford, Aquinas, Mineral Pt and Coleman move up to D2?

Well the only D3 team for sure moving up next year is Fennimore.  Aquinas and MP will not be moving up next year.