who's the big cheese

Started by JacobRaschka, September 26, 2023, 09:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankwizard

Quote from: VQOriginal on September 28, 2023, 02:34:14 PMAh, love the odds stacked against Crook! Please, keep it up!

Crook is a great wrestler and the odds aren't really stacked that high against him. But I'm glad you're using it for motivation in the practice room to close the gap, which is doable.

panther93

Quote from: honestabe on September 28, 2023, 10:33:16 AM
Quote from: VQOriginal on September 28, 2023, 07:28:47 AMCrook has huge interest in a rematch with Wasley. WI Wrestle already shot him down for that rematch at Big Cheese. That match will go completely differently. That is a guarantee.

I think the match could go differently, especially after seeing the few nice shots Crook had in the first period but ultimately, I feel Wasley would choose top when it is his choice and a similar outcome would ensue. Both solid wrestlers but not sure a rematch at the big cheese is the right spot for this matchup.

Yes, Crook got in on two pretty good shots, but Wasley has some heavy hips and seemed pretty comfortable in those positions.  Wasley is a beast on top, in the last year he has turned a ton of state place-winners from around the country. This match may not end in a pin the second time, but Wasley will still get his turns. 

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: JacobRaschka on September 29, 2023, 09:21:03 AM2 matches have been announced on the podcast!

ticket preorder is now open, we are selling a limited # of mat side seats. we will releasing all the match ups soon.

https://whosthebigcheesetickets.eventbrite.com

Who's the 2nd match?  Only saw Peterson v. Coji

Kwishoff

Hopke/Sinclair  I'd pay extra to see that match.

JacobRaschka

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on September 29, 2023, 10:54:08 PM
Quote from: JacobRaschka on September 29, 2023, 09:21:03 AM2 matches have been announced on the podcast!

ticket preorder is now open, we are selling a limited # of mat side seats. we will releasing all the match ups soon.

Tyson Peach and Jacob Herm

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: JacobRaschka on October 02, 2023, 02:35:23 PM

Ok Ok Ok.  Have they wrestled before?

VQOriginal

Liam just loves to compete. I hope no one here takes comments from us the wrong way. We love to talk a little trash, and we also know when guys are great competitors. Owen is one of those. So, If we call out guys, it's out of respect and havin' some fun in this sport.

VQOriginal

Panther93,

Wasley can get turns, but next time he won't even get the leg in.

wrastle63

Maybe there is a weight shift or some criteria I am unaware of, but Peach instead of Heiser- 1st, Dawson Johnson-1st, Mason Carpenter-2nd, Chance Suddeth-4th and beat him h2h at state, Blakelee Bastien-3rd, Kellen Kelly-3rd, or Lucas Peters-1st?  They all placed above him at the state tournament

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: wrastle63 on October 03, 2023, 08:37:16 AM

Maybe there is a weight shift or some criteria I am unaware of, but Peach instead of Heiser- 1st, Dawson Johnson-1st, Mason Carpenter-2nd, Chance Suddeth-4th and beat him h2h at state, Blakelee Bastien-3rd, Kellen Kelly-3rd, or Lucas Peters-1st?  They all placed above him at the state tournament

That sounds like a great podcast episode......

VQOriginal

I do know that Peters is over the Herm match up. Points been proven a few times.

rankwizard

Quote from: VQOriginal on October 03, 2023, 07:26:44 AMLiam just loves to compete. I hope no one here takes comments from us the wrong way. We love to talk a little trash, and we also know when guys are great competitors. Owen is one of those. So, If we call out guys, it's out of respect and havin' some fun in this sport.

Hey-- great competition is fun, and I was just giving you a hard time  ;)  Liam is a beast and fun to watch as well as Wasley. Wasley would probably be up for the challenge if they meet again.

VQOriginal

Hey-- great competition is fun, and I was just giving you a hard time  ;)  Liam is a beast and fun to watch as well as Wasley. Wasley would probably be up for the challenge if they meet again.
[/quote]

All good man. I also just need to make sure no one gets too hurt over things that I may say. Liam is the same way! Liam and I think jaw jacking in this sport can be a lot of fun! He just came off a 4th place finish at 170lbs at the Journeymen Classic in NY, things like the Wasley match won't slow him up.

No offense taken what so ever! Liam was at 162lbs the week before the KOTN event. So he had to bulk up a little for 170. People have their opinions, that I don't always agree with. We're all here for the party! SO let's live it up a little! I for one, would love to see Wasley/Denee!

Liam is always up for a good scrap! We just love to watch him compete, and he loves to compete! It's exciting to see these kids all compete!

M-Town Fan

Quote from: wrastle63 on October 03, 2023, 08:37:16 AM

There could be a chance a lot of these guys are also wrestling in the same event  8)  it's going to be a great night of wrestling!

Wis-Mallard

Why not wrestle 160 at Journeyman if Liam is/was so light. It is possible that Owen could score takedowns and escapes against Liam. HS kids win and lose matches. No need to dwell on results of preseason matches.