Badgers Excited to Battle at Big Tens | Kirk Nelson

Started by TomM, March 05, 2021, 04:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Quote from: crossface21 on March 06, 2021, 09:40:51 AM
Yeah, very important for Barnett to get the W next round. Burwick will likely face the #10 seed. If he wins that he places top 8.

Burwick wrestling awesome!  Coming back strong!

stbird

Quote from: 1Iota on March 06, 2021, 08:25:43 PM
I want to be fair to Bono & he needs to be given a chance to coach his recruits as upperclassmen, but this is hard to watch.  Do we have one guy who has wrestled above his seed?

Yes, Burwick for sure!

FinalWord

Quote from: Harris on March 07, 2021, 10:50:02 AM
Quote from: FinalWord on March 07, 2021, 10:44:43 AM
I think they did great! They wrestled great! They really worked hard. Today they'll finish great! Can't wait until next year because they'll be great again!

Working hard is good but at some point you have to execute.  That is the difference between good and great.  If the Badgers get to that level, look out.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper doesn't get sarcasm either!
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Barnett 12 Cardini 2  onto the 9th Place Match  against Liam Cronin (NEB)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Harris

Quote from: FinalWord on March 07, 2021, 11:13:24 AM
Quote from: Harris on March 07, 2021, 10:50:02 AM
Quote from: FinalWord on March 07, 2021, 10:44:43 AM
I think they did great! They wrestled great! They really worked hard. Today they'll finish great! Can't wait until next year because they'll be great again!

Working hard is good but at some point you have to execute.  That is the difference between good and great.  If the Badgers get to that level, look out.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper doesn't get sarcasm either!

Oh, I got it but there is a hint of truth in sarcasm  ;)

Harris

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Model 7 Baughman 5 onto the 9th place match ! Rematch against Elijah Cleary (OSU)
Kirk Nelson

stbird

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 07, 2021, 11:13:33 AM
Barnett 12 Cardini 2  onto the 9th Place Match  against Liam Cronin (NEB)

Awesome!  Barnett will be great!  Hopefully next year is his breakout year.  He had some great wins this year.  Its sad though to see Howard still wrestling back for 3rd. 

stbird

My biggest disappointment can be summed up in 2 words, O'Toole and Keickesen!  How did we lose both those guys?  I am loving seeing so many Wisconsin guys wrestling D1 this year and being successful.  This must be the most Wisconsin wrestlers on D1 squads in a long time.  Wish we had them all on the Badgers!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson

stbird

Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on March 06, 2021, 06:49:01 PM
Barnett was up 8-0 3:09 seconds into the match.

Just finished watching this match on B1G replay.  Barnett is dangerous!  He took McKie down to his back for 4 and turned him 2 more times in the first period.  McKie stormed back in the second with 6 points off takedowns, 1 was a fireman's to Barnett's back for 4.  Start of the third McKie took neutral and took Barnett down and turned him for a quick pin.  Barnett seemed to lose a little steam down the stretch on his feet but his top game and bottom game is strong.  My opinion he just needs to expand his repetoire on his feet and he will definitely be AA material. 

From the score he dismantled Cardani which isn't easy to do.  I have to find that match next!  Cronin wrestling for 9th as a 2nd seed.  Every team has underperforming wrestlers.  Even Iowa with Murin and Penn State with Bartlett and several others. 

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kyle Burwick will wrestle Jacob Rundell (PUR) in  a rematch for 5th place
Kirk Nelson

hammer

Quote from: stbird on March 07, 2021, 11:56:36 AM
Quote from: BackwardsHatAttack on March 06, 2021, 06:49:01 PM
Barnett was up 8-0 3:09 seconds into the match.

Just finished watching this match on B1G replay.  Barnett is dangerous!  He took McKie down to his back for 4 and turned him 2 more times in the first period.  McKie stormed back in the second with 6 points off takedowns, 1 was a fireman's to Barnett's back for 4.  Start of the third McKie took neutral and took Barnett down and turned him for a quick pin.  Barnett seemed to lose a little steam down the stretch on his feet but his top game and bottom game is strong.  My opinion he just needs to expand his repetoire on his feet and he will definitely be AA material. 

Certainly is dangerous but when your winning like that and get taken apart half way through a 7 minute match is concerning. Also mckie will be back next year so he better get better quick.