Stoughton vs Fort Atkinson????

Started by badg.conf.fan, January 31, 2015, 12:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badg.conf.fan

Very surprised to see Stoughton only beat Fort Atkinson 45-28 after Fort gave up 24 points due to forfeits... Anyone at the dual that knows what happened??

mojo123

Seemed Stoughton underestimated Fort. Even though missing 2 starters, Stoughton did not look like a #3 ranked team. Forts young team came out with big wins and a lot of fire last night and even gave the Hasselberger/Kraus duo a run more then they wanted. Great wrestling by Fort

Quack

Quote from: mojo123 on January 31, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

Seemed Stoughton underestimated Fort. Even though missing 2 starters, Stoughton did not look like a #3 ranked team. Forts young team came out with big wins and a lot of fire last night and even gave the Hasselberger/Kraus duo a run more then they wanted. Great wrestling by Fort

126 Zach Hasselberger (Stoughton) over Jacob Willey (Fort Atkinson) (Fall 2:28)

138 Collin Kraus (Stoughton) over Billy Agnew (Fort Atkinson) (TF 21-6 4:00)

Were these matches a lot closer than the scores show?
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

imnofish

Why was there a different face at 120?   ???
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

Fort has a pretty good team...well coached
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

badg.conf.fan

Yeah I saw both teams had a lot of new faces! If you take the 24 team points from stoughton away for the forfeits, fort wins this dual 28-21! Sounds a bit confusing to me with stoughton being the #3 team in the state...

boowrestle

You guys are reading way too much into this and no iam not from stoughton,any team can have a off night.I fully expect stoughton to be on their " A "game come next Sat at conference tournament.JMO if i was a betting man,my $$ is still on them to win the tournament.
you can run but you cannot hide.

boowrestle

Some of you are reading way too much into this,any team can have a off night!!Stoughton will be just fine and my $$ is still on them to win the Badger Conference Tournament next Sat.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Dale Einerson

Only, you cannot take the 24 points away from forfeits and it is probably not a wise presumption to say that Stoughton wouldn't have garnered 12-24 points if Fort was able to put somebody on the mat at those forfeited weights.

Good news guys, I think there is a new nothing thread.

miltonfan#1

Quote from: boowrestle on January 31, 2015, 11:56:07 AM
Some of you are reading way too much into this,any team can have a off night!!Stoughton will be just fine and my $$ is still on them to win the Badger Conference Tournament next Sat.
Ill take a bet... milton wins in the pit
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

standup

Quote from: Quack on January 31, 2015, 08:33:41 AM
Quote from: mojo123 on January 31, 2015, 07:54:07 AM

126 Zach Hasselberger (Stoughton) over Jacob Willey (Fort Atkinson) (Fall 2:28)

138 Collin Kraus (Stoughton) over Billy Agnew (Fort Atkinson) (TF 21-6 4:00)

Were these matches a lot closer than the scores show?

+1 Quack

Maybe Stoughton did have an off night, but it was still a win. Stoughton maybe had an off night when they wrestled Milton too.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: imnofish on January 31, 2015, 08:35:35 AM
Why was there a different face at 120?   ???

Daughters Military Graduation - sorry trumped a Friday night dual for Jr.  :)  I pulled rank.    

We had 2 wrestle their first varsity match and an injury at another weight during the match so med forfeit.  It was probably closer of course, than with lineup set, but Fort won where there were opportunities to.  They have a solid team with some good wrestlers.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: mojo123 on January 31, 2015, 07:22:50 AM

That would be like someone saying whats wrong with Milton?  Did they underestimate Evansville in that match, Evansville had a legit chance to win that night even with missing one of their ranked starters. Heck Stoughton won by 26 against Evansville,  I don't think Milton underestimated them, Sometimes it just match-ups / injuries and such... 

IMO - have to look at the bigger picture "season" in dual competition.   Example - I think Stoughton is 21-1 as a dual team this year and have faced 11 ranked teams during that dual run. I don't think that #3 is undeserved - I would have to think that is one of the better dual resumes out there this year.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

badg.conf.fan

Never said it was undeserved! I got word today that fort has had 5 starters out for most of the season and most can't return....