WIAA Press Release Errors

Started by justamom, March 03, 2014, 01:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justamom

Perhaps I am just crabby from a long weekend of wrestling but I think is just sad the number of errors in the WIAA press release regarding the upcoming Team Tournament.  Do they have an editor?  In the D1 overview paragraph they reference Mukwonago as last year's runner up, yet in the previous paragraph they discuss last year's Wausau West vs Kaukauna final!  They also talk of Kaukauna's last notable runner up finish in 2008.  They have corrected their original error regarding the ticket price (originally it said $8 per session) but the cynic in me believes that was a concern more about money than good information for the wrestling community.  I took the time to email them --- waiting to see if they bother to make corrections. 

padre

Quote from: justamom on March 03, 2014, 01:28:38 PM
Perhaps I am just crabby from a long weekend of wrestling but I think is just sad the number of errors in the WIAA press release regarding the upcoming Team Tournament.  Do they have an editor?  In the D1 overview paragraph they reference Mukwonago as last year's runner up, yet in the previous paragraph they discuss last year's Wausau West vs Kaukauna final!  They also talk of Kaukauna's last notable runner up finish in 2008.  They have corrected their original error regarding the ticket price (originally it said $8 per session) but the cynic in me believes that was a concern more about money than good information for the wrestling community.  I took the time to email them --- waiting to see if they bother to make corrections. 

Our ticket price was $8.00 per session.

justamom

Friday's session ticket price is $13 - Saturday sessions will be $8

justamom

Maybe crabby is ok - I just received an email from the WIAA that the errors had been corrected.