Refs and Stalling

Started by DarkKnight, February 28, 2014, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

No, it's like it's just happening to me all the sudden.. :)..yes, calling The right person is the thing to do..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

DarkKnight

true true! my friend was very ticked about Krueger being called also, I didn't see it but they way I heard it, it didn't sound right. from a neutral point of view.

thequad

I have been suggesting the video thing for a couple of years already, it never has gone anywhere.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

buc65

Quote from: Numbers on March 02, 2014, 12:33:20 AM
Quote from: Brett Favre on March 01, 2014, 11:33:44 PM
The ref from Tomah was terrible. He cost the Kaukauna kid the match at 106 I think it was

D1 106 I thought there were 3 close call that all went against Kaukauna.  Gave up a first period TD then was awarded an immediate escape.  Thought Kaukauna had 2 back points that were missed later.  And that last TD was also a tough call.  Will be interesting to see what the FoxSports camera angle shows but refs don't have that option. 

D2 160 I thought the ref did well with some end of period calls (even making a correction).  Just wonder how much you should be able to block with your head into someone's chest before stalling calls start happening.

In general I was very surprised how significant of differences there were between many refs on how to call the kids out/in of bounds this weekend.  Determining takedowns, escapes, or just off the mat.

It's interesting that the two matches with the controversial calls were reffed by the same person.  He did make the right call at the end of the third period of the D2 160 match, but he shouldn't have had to confer with another ref to realize that there was loss of control.

buc65

Quote from: DarkKnight on March 02, 2014, 08:51:27 AM
true true! my friend was very ticked about Krueger being called also, I didn't see it but they way I heard it, it didn't sound right. from a neutral point of view.

No one seemed to agree with Krueger being called for stalling.  I can't say that it changed the outcome of the match, because no one knows that, but it definitely changed the match because of the score. The ref from that match is way past his prime as a referee and shouldn't be at the state tournament let alone reffing championship matches, even though there is another post with people who apparently think he's great.

imnofish

Show me a person who's never made a mistake in their job and you'll be showing me a liar. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Quack

Quote from: imnofish on March 02, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

Show me a person who's never made a mistake in their job and you'll be showing me a liar. 

Fish we are talking about Refs, not the Weather Man  ;D
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

imnofish

Quote from: Quack on March 02, 2014, 07:39:05 PM

What about the barber that nicked my scalp, or the chef who scorched my steak, etc.?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Quack

Quote from: imnofish on March 02, 2014, 07:43:59 PM

What about the barber that nicked my scalp, or the chef who scorched my steak, etc.?   ;D
That will teach you to ask for a design to be put in your hair, and everyone has a different opinion of what medium rare should look like  ;D
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

imnofish

Quote from: Quack on March 02, 2014, 07:58:51 PM
Quote from: imnofish on March 02, 2014, 07:43:59 PM

That will teach you to ask for a design to be put in your hair, and everyone has a different opinion of what medium rare should look like  ;D

LOL!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ofhsfan

You can always get another steak if the first one is scorched!

imnofish

Quote from: Ofhsfan on March 02, 2014, 08:18:36 PM
You can always get another steak if the first one is scorched!

I know.  I did.  Point is, the guy still made a mistake.  Should he have just been fired, then? 

maggie

You did.. :o. Lol...really, think about it, you complain that the chief screwed up your food, and then sent it back to him to re- cook it.. :o...never.  I mean never, ever send food back to get re- cooked..Floor meet Mr Steak!.....god I hope yes didn't fall for that free cup of mushroom soup they brought out with it, saying, complements of the chief.. :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Jim Rockford

SP I agree with what you said.  Why would you let a young ref with little experience ref at the state tournament.  To give him experience?  He will gain experience as progresses through the years.  He does not need to ref a big tournament where he is not qualified to ref at yet in his early career.  I thought there was a lot of poor reffing this weekend.  The worst I saw was Schmid (Verona) vs. Lueck (Port) in the quarterfinals.  The ref gave Schmid an escape at the edge of the mat.  Then Lueck pushed him and grabbed his ankles while he remaining in bounds.  Lueck was awarded the 2 for the takedown but the ref who was watching waived the two off.  Then Schmid got the take down to win the match.  Worst officiating I have seen.  Most of these refs are to quick to to call points during matches when the kids start rolling around.  As an umpire in baseball I was taught to take a second or two to clearly see the situation before making my call.  Make sure a wrestler is in control before you reward points for a take down or a reversal.  To many quick calls this year at state!

Jim Rockford

I have a question did anyone think Devin Bahr was pinned during his first match at state?  Did not see the match and I have heard a lot of chatter about it.  Just curious on what you guys thought about the match.