Top 5 team point winners at State Ind Tourney as per Track Wrestling Scoring?

Started by Jim Shoe, February 23, 2014, 06:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Shoe

::) Every year there is a discussion as to what team has the top billing as Wisconsin's overall "Top Team"  There is no one division that is always the best division year over year.  Each of the 3 divisions have had their day in the sun where they have been dominate. Dual meets and tournaments are run across Divisions throughout the year with various results.  Track wrestling does a team overall scoring for state without regard to Division and is a way to measure the very top teams in the State.  I know it's not a perfect system as the depth of all Sectional tournaments is different in each Division, but it is a great way to have a unbiased approach to helping to determine the top teams in the State.

Last years top 5 are as follows------list your top 5 teams in order for this years State Ind Tourney...(Lets see if anyone gets them in order) ::)

1- Lancaster       99
2- Wausau West 98
3- Bay Port        92
4- Coleman        91.5
5- Merrill           88

Jim Shoe

:)My top 5 Predictions

1- Kaukauna
2- Ellsworth
3- Bay Port
4- Coleman
5- Random Lake

HMsDad

shouldvewrestled

LUNKER

1. Kaukauna
2. Bay Port
3. Two Rivers
4. Coleman
5. Ellsworth

thequad

I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Jim Shoe

Quote from: thequad on February 24, 2014, 01:07:38 PM
1. Kaukauna
2. Ellsworth
3. Bay Port
4. Coleman
5. Two Rivers

Only a handful of loyal wrestling enthusiast's have so far entered their top 5 picks for the Individual State Wrestling Championships this weekend.  Keep in mind that Track Wrestling will have the point totals tallied automatically.  Lets see who comes out on top by putting a point formula into the mix.  The points awarded for your picks will be based on the following:  1- You get 5 points for each team that you pick that makes your top 5 (If you pick 4 right you have 20 points)
2- Additional Points will be awarded based on the table below:
     1st -15 points
     2nd-12 points
     3rd- 9 points
     4th- 6 ponts
     5th- 3 points
*** Once you register your 5 teams you can only get the maximum points awarded based on the predicted finish of that team.  (Ex. If you pick a team for 3rd & they finish 1st you only get 9 points added to your score. Likewise if you pick a team for 2nd and they finish 5th you can only get 3 points towards your total score.)
When the tournament is completed tally up your points and submit your total score and we will post out our top 5 winners!  You will win the recognition of all loyal forum followers and have an opportunity to claim the top spot as the 2013-14 most knowledgeable wrestling guru in Wisconsin!  All your future posts should have not only your Forum name but should be tagged as "guru" until the 2014-15 season. 8) 8)

Street Glide

BRC ALUM

jaguarwrestler

In D2 or D3, do the Sectional champs get points for advancement to the quarters?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

M-Town Fan

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on February 25, 2014, 04:26:05 PM
In D2 or D3, do the Sectional champs get points for advancement to the quarters?

I don't think so jaguar. Check track scoring in the option menu on advancement points. Will show if it does on the bracket.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 25, 2014, 05:44:11 PM

I don't think so jaguar. Check track scoring in the option menu on advancement points. Will show if it does on the bracket.

Thankfully they went to a dual tournament to determine the champ... a team that bring 6 and gets 4 in the finals with bonus points along the way could win... but their other 8 wrestlers may be average and not be able to win a dual. This is the one thing I wish NCAA would change, Minnesota beat Penn State, I guarantee PS will win nationals, a guy like David Taylor is like having an extra man with bonus points in every match.

I would have to look at some teams before making a prediction, maybe I will tomorrow.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on February 25, 2014, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 25, 2014, 05:44:11 PM

Thankfully they went to a dual tournament to determine the champ... a team that bring 6 and gets 4 in the finals with bonus points along the way could win... but their other 8 wrestlers may be average and not be able to win a dual. This is the one thing I wish NCAA would change, Minnesota beat Penn State, I guarantee PS will win nationals, a guy like David Taylor is like having an extra man with bonus points in every match.

I would have to look at some teams before making a prediction, maybe I will tomorrow.

+1 totally agree. Remember when Spring Valley had the Turners. 3 champs out of 3-4 qualifiers had most points in individual format I believe. Great accomplishment but I like team format better for team.

Jimmy