out of bounds rule

Started by beswres00, February 16, 2014, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Knowing the WIAA will not do something on their own, are we at the mercy of the NFHS for a rule change?  Just wondering.

I agree it is long overdo.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

thequad

I have watched  Kreuger wrestle alot of matches he likes the edge.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

marshman

Quote from: thequad on February 25, 2014, 01:56:19 PM
I have watched  Kreuger wrestle alot of matches he likes the edge.

I don't think this argument is about the style of the wrestler. It is more about a kid starting a takedown in bounds and finishing it in bounds with his opponent ending up out of bounds. The referees won't make the takedown call and reward the aggressive wrestler. The defensive wrestler is rewarded, especially with the lack of stalling calls. Does Kreuger wrestle the edge because he knows most officials will just call him ob if he gets in trouble? The college interpretation of the ob calls make for much better wrestling.

Easy

beswres00

After watching the semi final matches this rule definitely needs to be addressed and changed!

double dog

I also would like to see the current rule changed.  Any part of the body inbounds and the take down/escape/nearfall/pin count!  -1 point for stepping out of bounds.  I would like either one better than what we have now!  Reward aggression!

jw52

I definatley saw some calls that cost kids matches. I dont really understand how the rule changed from last year, but I dont like it. Countless times, I observed what I thought was a takedown, and the ref waved it OB? If I wasnt already bald, I would have been after this weekend, as much as I was scratching my head, wondering why we are rewarding a kid for wrestling defensive, rather than pushing the pace and going offensive?

Vinsanity 4

Not saying the call was right or wrong just looking for some clarification regarding d2 semifinal OT match. Wrightstown wrestler takes down Waupaca wrestler by the ankles falling out of bounds. Is this a judgement call on the take down? I thought you need to be working up the legs to the waist to have true control? Someone in the know please clarify. Very good wrestling by both wrestlers but tough call to make in OT with so much on the line 8 ??? Again just looking for some clarification/opinions.

MantyShip160

Not only should high school have the same out of bounds rules as in college, they should also implement riding time into high school. This would take away most of the "judgment" call on the edge of the mat and help with consistency of true stalling calls.

ramjet

Quote from: MantyShip160 on March 03, 2014, 03:37:16 AM
Not only should high school have the same out of bounds rules as in college, they should also implement riding time into high school. This would take away most of the "judgment" call on the edge of the mat and help with consistency of true stalling calls.

+1