Toughest Sectional Weight Class

Started by crossface21, February 15, 2014, 09:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Which weight class in which Sectional is going to be the toughest to get out of?

Mustang Fan

I don't know if this is the toughest but.... Wausau West Sectional 285 has 4 ranked heavyweights and anything could happen in that one :o :o

buc65

West Allis Central Sectional - 106 lb Weight Class

4 5 Tyus White West Allis Central 10
5 6 Justin Ratkovec Waterford 10
7 6(113) Anthony Senthavisouk Whitnall 11
HM 15 Nathan Hensley Greendale 9

At Regionals Ratkovec beat Senthavisouk 3-2 and Hensley 6-4, Hensley beat Senthavisouk 9-7
At Conference week before Senthavisouk beat Hensley 9-5

buc65

Quote from: Mustang Fan on February 15, 2014, 10:43:32 PM
I don't know if this is the toughest but.... Wausau West Sectional 285 has 4 ranked heavyweights and anything could happen in that one :o :o

8-8 Bryce Bilogan Rhinelander 12
10 HM Mathias Tobin Hudson 12
11-10 Jared Baldwin Menomonie 12
HM 15 Tristan Wilson Marshfield 12

Tobin over Baldwin last 2 weeks (9-2 and 5-3 in 2OT, but Baldwin beat Tobin earlier in the season (7-1).
Bilogan over Wilson 4-3 at Regionals

sweeper

D2 Sectional B- Seymour 285
#4 Andrew Johnston - Peshtigo (39-3)
#5 Cole Warzynski - Almond-Bancroft/Pacelli (43-3)
#7 Kyle Behrandt - Two Rivers (26-15)
#9 Tristan Holden - Nekoosa/Port Edwards (35-3) Beat Warzynski at Regionals in OT
Mitchell Overbeck - Southern Door (18-4)
Brandon Christie Little Chute (28-8)

Seems like a pretty rough bracket to me.

spoonerwrestling

D2 Sectional A- 182lb

Dennis Schutz- Ellsworth (just came out and probably #1 ranked kid)
Max Praschak- Somerset (#2)
Lucas Hagberg- Spooner (#7)
Brian Gibb- St. Croix Central (#8)
Broden Schock- Amery (#9)
Cody Meyer - Abbotsford (#10)

Ghetto

Quote from: spoonerwrestling on February 16, 2014, 12:20:17 PM
D2 Sectional A- 182lb

That's unreal. No one decided to bump up?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wsalem

Quote from: spoonerwrestling on February 16, 2014, 12:20:17 PM
D2 Sectional A- 182lb

Whats the story with Schutz?

imnofish

Someone showed me a pic of Schutz on their phone yesterday.  The guy is an amazing physical specimen.  Apparently, he has the skills and wrestling aptitude to complement that attribute. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

NWIS

Quote from: imnofish on February 16, 2014, 04:00:44 PM
Someone showed me a pic of Schutz on their phone yesterday.  The guy is an amazing physical specimen.  Apparently, he has the skills and wrestling aptitude to complement that attribute. 
He does remind me of Batista WWE.

ICEMAN112

D1 145

WAUSAU - Massie HM, Baine HM, Reas 10, Ziolkowski 12
SHEBOYGAN - Maiwitz 14, Lueck 9, Miske 15
OCONOMOWOC - Nelson 1, Schmid 3, Olsen HM

Some good kids not even ranked staying home after Sectionals.

The Last Ride

Just like the best teams don't always make it through to state, It is true for some of the better kids. Man... I have seen a lot of decent wrestlers not make it to Madison over the last 40 years... I might have to repost the post that was posted by a senior wrestler who did not make it to state and was reflecting on after in the Merrill locker room...

There was a senior captain on my son's team who was a good wrestler but had never placed in the sectionals to get to Madison. He had won some huge matches for our team including one in the team sectionals against a ranked wrestler.  That year our team won a huge match in the team sectionals and earned a trip to team state. That was one of the most rewarding things for me to watch unfold. They won their first match at state as well... I was lucky enough to watch my son qualify 3 years for state. My two brothers were pretty good wrestlers who came close but never made it. As well as many friends over the years.. The sectionals are a huge mix of emotional feelings.. Some great, and some not so great when a kid has realized they may have wrestled their last High School wrestling match.

Good luck eveyone! At least all of you have had the courage to step to the line!
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Harris

Quote from: The Last Ride on February 16, 2014, 05:04:13 PM
Just like the best teams don't always make it through to state, It is true for some of the better kids. Man... I have seen a lot of decent wrestlers not make it to Madison over the last 40 years... I might have to repost the post that was posted by a senior wrestler who did not make it to state and was reflecting on after in the Merrill locker room...

There was a senior captain on my son's team who was a good wrestler but had never placed in the sectionals to get to Madison. He had won some huge matches for our team including one in the team sectionals against a ranked wrestler.  That year our team won a huge match in the team sectionals and earned a trip to team state. That was one of the most rewarding things for me to watch unfold. They won their first match at state as well... I was lucky enough to watch my son qualify 3 years for state. My two brothers were pretty good wrestlers who came close but never made it. As well as many friends over the years.. The sectionals are a huge mix of emotional feelings.. Some great, and some not so great when a kid has relized they may have wrestled their last High School wrestling match.

Good luck eveyone! At least all of you have had the courage to step to the line!

Great post!

imnofish

Quote from: Harris on February 16, 2014, 05:46:27 PM
Quote from: The Last Ride on February 16, 2014, 05:04:13 PM

There was a senior captain on my son's team who was a good wrestler but had never placed in the sectionals to get to Madison. He had won some huge matches for our team including one in the team sectionals against a ranked wrestler.  That year our team won a huge match in the team sectionals and earned a trip to team state. That was one of the most rewarding things for me to watch unfold. They won their first match at state as well... I was lucky enough to watch my son qualify 3 years for state. My two brothers were pretty good wrestlers who came close but never made it. As well as many friends over the years.. The sectionals are a huge mix of emotional feelings.. Some great, and some not so great when a kid has relized they may have wrestled their last High School wrestling match.

Great post!

Absolutely agree!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Street Glide

Very well said ride..........may you never have a last ride!  :)