What a difference a QB makes.

Started by bigG, September 22, 2019, 08:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I know the Badgers have healed up and really worked hard over the off season. But, I gotta say, Croan has been just great. Our lines are bangin', DBs clickin', LB hitten', RB's runnin' and FBs blocking and runnin'. This team is great. Pleasure watching the new Bucky.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Definitely agree!  The kid is a real leader, by example...   starting with his off-season work ethic.  Also a great motivator in the huddle, according to J.T.  His mechanics are excellent and he can run the ball effectively!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Houndhead

It is just so much different than watching Hornibrook try to throw the ball.

bigG

I know talented QBs often shy away from Bucky because we are run oriented; but I'd a bet a nickel Croan gets to play pro. Good decision maker and gets it out in a hurry. I was hoping to see Harbaugh take off his shades so we could see the tears runnin'. Man, I haven't enjoyed a game that much in a looong time.

imnofish

Our young offensive line did a great job of protecting Coan, too.  Defense was awesome.  Hopefully, our young placekicker can get it going, as well.  I'm no fan of Michigan's coach, but I have to respect his media response after the game.  No excuses and no crying, for a change...   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

I noticed when things got hot w/Northwestern, they sort of quit trying to throw. I don't know if that strategy will work well with the heavier hitter teams out there. They have to let Coan lead us through that stuff so he's prepped for the heavy hitters. He's got it in him; let that beast out!(At least, a little)

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on October 01, 2019, 02:06:30 PM
I noticed when things got hot w/Northwestern, they sort of quit trying to throw. I don't know if that strategy will work well with the heavier hitter teams out there. They have to let Coan lead us through that stuff so he's prepped for the heavy hitters. He's got it in him; let that beast out!(At least, a little)

On the Badgers Fans facebook page, there was an article about how Northwestern did some things to take away the slant routes and load the box, while disguising their coverage through defensive backfield shifts, at the snap of the ball.  The slants have been Coan's bread and butter, so it really shut down our aerial attack.  It will be interesting to see what adjustments the Badgers make when they face Michigan State.

Ghetto

Northwestern always gives Wisconsin fits. They somehow know which buttons to push to make things difficult for Wisconsin.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

Quote from: Ghetto on October 03, 2019, 02:09:53 PM
Northwestern always gives Wisconsin fits. They somehow know which buttons to push to make things difficult for Wisconsin.

Northwestern's defensive coordinator used to work for the Badgers, during the time that Paul Chryst was our offensive coordinator.  He knows his adversary's tendencies well, which certainly doesn't hurt his cause.