Leipold to Buffalo

Started by bkraus, December 01, 2014, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkraus

Sad day for Warhawk sports, but we all knew it had to be coming.  he was too successful not to have a chance at a higher level.  Thanks for the great years as a player and coach Lance.  Good luck at Buffalo!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/statecolleges/report-uw-whitewaters-lance-leipold-taking-job-at-buffalo-b99400117z1-284276741.html
Strive for Perfection

imnofish

Wow!  106-6 is an amazing record!  Will be interesting to see who succeeds him.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

His winning days are over. Hope the payday is worth it. Maybe that's why they brought the former River Falls coach on.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on December 01, 2014, 10:26:20 PM
His winning days are over. Hope the payday is worth it. Maybe that's why they brought the former River Falls coach on.

While I know the River Falls coach, I am going to be as PC as possible. Not the guy you want.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

I know he's got some issues with violations. It's no secret. Just wondering why you'd bring the guy on at all if not to maybe take over. UWW had to know that Leipold wasn't going to stay at a DIII school forever with his success and young age.

While I admire what Leipold has done at my alma mater, he's in for a world of hurt at Buffalo IMO. Tough to recruit there and their AD has unrealistic expectations for the program.

imnofish

I was hoping he'd stay put until the job opened up at NIU.  That would be a sweet gig.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bkraus

Quote from: Ghetto on December 02, 2014, 08:22:38 PM
I know he's got some issues with violations. It's no secret. Just wondering why you'd bring the guy on at all if not to maybe take over. UWW had to know that Leipold wasn't going to stay at a DIII school forever with his success and young age.

While I admire what Leipold has done at my alma mater, he's in for a world of hurt at Buffalo IMO. Tough to recruit there and their AD has unrealistic expectations for the program.

50 is young?  :o  Or is that because you are quickly approaching it you think so?   ;D

I agree that I do not think he will even sniff the same success at Buffalo, although I do wish him the best.  I just think it would be hard to recruit there.  After he signed there I looked at their website and their facilities do not look great at all for D1.  And when they get 20 feet of snow in September, good luck getting skilled kids from Florida.
Strive for Perfection

Ghetto

Yeah, just trying to stay in the young crowd....  ;D

No one has won there. Turner Gill did turn that job into a Kansas job though.

imnofish

You never can tell what might happen.  Look at what Jerry Kill did at Northern Illinois University and (more recently) at Minnesota. 

bigG

Kill is an excellent coach. But, he also brings a staff with him.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 03, 2014, 01:15:52 PM
Kill is an excellent coach. But, he also brings a staff with him.

True.  Same staff for about 20 years, I think.  Maybe Leipold will be smart enough to do the same. 

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on December 03, 2014, 08:42:42 AM
No one has won there. Turner Gill did turn that job into a Kansas job though.

Bingo. I think he can and will recruit and win there.

dad 2 5

feel bad for Whitewater losing most the staff. Ouch! Good for Leipold and his staff. Hope it goes well for them.