Packers sign Peppers

Started by aarons23, March 15, 2014, 08:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aarons23

This is an upgrade but is he on the tail end of his career?
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bigoil

3 yr deal, I believe he is 34.

Houndhead

I don't know the details of the contract, but as long as the money is not guaranteed and they can cut him in year 2 or 3, I don't think it is a bad signing.

DrSnide

Its only 7.5 million guranteed with a 3.5 million cap hit the 1st year.  He won't see year 3 and if need be can be cut after 1 year.  You know TT isn't overspending. 

Chicago had him on the field a lit.  I'm guessing he will be in more of a rotation with GB to keep him fresh. May help the pass rush quite a bit if you get him, Daniels, Mathews going.  He won't be Reggie White but he may have enough in the tank to be Cullen Jenkins for a year or two.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

maggie

its a one yr experiment....nothing will go against the cap..if we don't like him, hes gone!...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

His best potential will be a couple of years, as long as he is in a rotation and not on the field full time.  Great short-term acquisition.  The Bears will miss him this year, but they do need to start replacing the geriatric foundation of their fading defensive roster.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

He's one year, maybe two if they rest him. Hopefully he's got something left
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

smitty71

I've heard it's a one year thing? ;)
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

Drivingforce

Talented guy, but he's 34. The deal according to ESPN is for 3 years but in reality it's a one year deal with a team option. Hopefully he can help. When he plays hard he's practically unblockable, but he's always had a history of disappearing for games at a time. IMO Jared Allen would have been a better choice as he plays hard ALL the time.

bigoil

Jared Allen is 265, I don't think that works in a 3-4 despite his work ethic.

TomM

In his three years Peppers did not miss a single game with the Bears. When you say 'disappearing' I guess you mean his production disappeared. Correct?  I did hear that too.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

maggie

Here's the deal, Allen is by far a better pass rusher, that's not even arguable, but as long as we can get 100% out of peppers 50 % of the time inappropriate term3 do ok! as soon as TT signs Allen, peppers will become a back up to him and play on 1-2 downs...DEPTH!.. :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigoil

Quote from: maggie on March 15, 2014, 01:55:39 PM
Here's the deal, Allen is by far a better pass rusher, that's not even arguable, but as long as we can get 100% out of peppers 50 % of the time blazes do ok! as soon as TT signs Allen, peppers will become a back up to him and play on 1-2 downs...DEPTH!.. :)

Beau?

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Drivingforce

Quote from: TomM on March 15, 2014, 01:34:24 PM
In his three years Peppers did not miss a single game with the Bears. When you say 'disappearing' I guess you mean his production disappeared. Correct?  I did hear that too.
Exactly. He'll have 3 sacks in one game and then won't have a tackle for the next 3 or 4. Same as in Carolina, It's why they let him go. The guy can play, but how hard does he wan't to play? Too unpredictable.

Jared Allen does not fit our D, 4-3 end, but he's still a better more consistant player both against the run and the pass.