Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway

dad 2 5

The facebook Wisconsin Wrestling interview with Braxton and coach is great! 9:00 in sounds like recruiting is moving in the right direction. I wonder who they are talking about?

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway

BuckyMatt

Quote from: dad 2 5 on August 26, 2021, 06:32:43 PM
The facebook Wisconsin Wrestling interview with Braxton and coach is great! 9:00 in sounds like recruiting is moving in the right direction. I wonder who they are talking about?

Braxton is a Program Elevator and he hasn't even wrestled a match yet.  Kids want to wrestle with him and I would think the top 174 and 184 pound high school kids are chomping on the bit to come here and train with him!

The best part is that he is a better person than he is a Wrestler.  Phenomenal young man!

npope

I've looked at the video around the 9:00 mark a couple of times now and I don't see any allusion to a specific recruit but rather, a general "turning of the corner" for the program. Am I missing something mentioned elsewhere in the clip?

Yes, Amos appears to be the real-deal. One can only hope that he has the same transformative effect that Kemp had when he came in - his presence elevated the entire program and its expectations. Not sure if the world has changed so much that that is no longer possible, but the coaches sound like they believe it is.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Harris

What an awesome video.  Thanks for sharing.

I absolutely have the utmost respect for people like Giannis Antetokounmpo for the Bucks or Spencer Lee at Iowa who are willing to help build a program to a new level the hard way versus joining a team that is already at the top.  It is a rare individual that embraces that adversity and thrives in that environment.  I love how the coaches are recognizing the importance of having a leader like Braxton and the other wrestlers on the team.  If I was a high level recruit looking for an opportunity, this type of video would get me excited about Wisconsin. 

I also love how all of them are focused on wrestling hard, not just wins and losses.  Like I posted on another thread, Braxton is a tough out and comes to wrestle every second.  The wins and losses take care of themselves when you do the right things which many of us learned the hard way.  Braxton is mature beyond his years.

Go Badgers!

Harris

If I was 80kg Cadet World Silver Medalist James Rowley out in Oregon, I would be taking a really hard look at Wisconsin.  He seems like he would also be a great fit.  He is the one Reader shot trap with his family on a recruiting visit.

dad 2 5

Quote from: Harris on August 27, 2021, 12:32:18 PM
If I was 80kg Cadet World Silver Medalist James Rowley out in Oregon, I would be taking a really hard look at Wisconsin.  He seems like he would also be a great fit.  He is the one Reader shot trap with his family on a recruiting visit.

+1