Port Washington Invite

Started by Takedown Bro, January 11, 2020, 10:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

factfinder

If the coaches association fought to get rid of the 7 and 7 rule all this would work better! Quad's being counted as a tournament is the dumbest rule WI has besides the decent plan. With out a 7 and 7 plan you could pick up more matches through quads on thursday's and do a couple Friday tournaments and only do 3 saturday tournaments and maintain similar match counts while freeing up more weekend time for your coaches and athlete's.
With out the 7and7 teams that are fighting for state title's can amplify there schedules and others design a schedule that fit's their community, this will help both situations. It is a simple fix!!! Vote for 14 weigh in's and allow each community to design a schedule that fits the community they are in.
I know it's unlikely the coaches would fight for this or that the WIAA would ever allow coaches/ad's to manage there community as they see fit but it would be nice.

littleguy301

Depends what your team is made up with.

Like some one said if your team, has kids that want that late febuary run it doesnt matter when you wrestle.

If your team is made up of kids that like to wrestle but isnt their main sport then Saturday's might take away from their fun time.

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Coach V

I agree. Every team is different. Let them set their schedule the way they want. We can do this now. You don't have to have 7 multi's. I do like Friday's for JV. I liked Saturday's because it took away barn time. . ;D
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler