WWF Kids Folkstyle State Championships Coliseum March 22-23

Started by TomM, March 16, 2019, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastmode

Quote from: Got Doubles on March 25, 2019, 04:07:41 PM
Congrats to all the State Champions....Now that the State Tournament is over, what were some you the great matches you watched or any surprises that you saw..Also like to know now who the Top 8th graders in your mind are...

One for me was how good 145 Jacob Ward (Bayport) looked in the finals against another tough wrestler in Konner Stuttgen.

110 Greyson Clark (Kaukauna) winning another title and look very good during the entire tournament.

160 Noah Mulvaney (Arrowhead) had no problems winning another state title and it will be interesting to see how he does on the next level

140 Braeden Scoles (Kewaskum) looked very good and it was the 1st time I saw him wrestle and I think he will be very competitive next season

120 Corbin Ramos (Kenosha)is very aggressive and strong wrestler, I loved watching the match against Back.  If you like to see a couple throws with some good scrambles go onto track wrestling and watch that match.

105 Royce Nilo (Milton) this wrestler likes to attack and seems to be moving all the time.  He look very good in his finals victory against a very good wrestler in Brayden Sonnentag (Cadott) .

So many good matches, its hard to pick the best. I'll summarize what I saw...IMO

80lbs Bast was dominant winning his 2nd title, back to back. He didn't ever look like he was in trouble.
85lbs, Radintz and Dux was a great match with Radintz winning in OT with a nice leg trip! These boys both train together at Crass!
90lbs, Koening over Ingham to win his third title, I believe....in one of the most difficult weight classes. IMO
95lbs, Spurley looked great over Desselier. He'll be a hammer in HS.
100lbs, A great battle between two great wrestlers, Leintz of Clear Lake, a multiple time placewinner/champion and Suddeth, 5x finalist.
105lbs, Nilo looked great! Would love to see a re-match against a healthy Sonnetag.
110lbs,  Greyson Clark.....next!
115lbs, Eliszewski, this one was a super deep class with Licht, Millard, and Aure.
120lbs,  Ramos and Back were probably the favorites but a great showing by Tomazevic and Knops!
125lbs,  Hamre looked untouchable.
130lbs,  Riddle, doesn't look the part but is an absolute Hammer!!!
135lbs, ------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
140lbs, Scoles, IMO the championship was wrestled in the quarters against Kaufman.... 1-0
145lbs, Ward looked untouchable!
150lbs, ..............
160lbs, Mulvaney.... next! Should be fun to see how he competes at the high school level coming in at a heavier weight in D1.
175lbs, Hopke is the real deal for Amery! Kid is a stud.
190lbs, Hoffman of Neilsville never looked like he was in trouble. Another upper weight that could make some noise as a freshman.
210lbs, ------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
240lbs,------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
270lbs,------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
270lbs+, ------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!

Sorry but I have no knowelege of the upper weights.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

Jbsi

So many good matches, its hard to pick the best. I'll summarize what I saw...IMO

80lbs Bast was dominant winning his 2nd title, back to back. He didn't ever look like he was in trouble.
85lbs, Radintz and Dux was a great match with Radintz winning in OT with a nice leg trip! These boys both train together at Crass!
90lbs, Koening over Ingham to win his third title, I believe....in one of the most difficult weight classes. IMO
95lbs, Spurley looked great over Desselier. He'll be a hammer in HS.
100lbs, A great battle between two great wrestlers, Leintz of Clear Lake, a multiple time placewinner/champion and Suddeth, 5x finalist.
105lbs, Nilo looked great! Would love to see a re-match against a healthy Sonnetag.
110lbs,  Greyson Clark.....next!
115lbs, Eliszewski, this one was a super deep class with Licht, Millard, and Aure.
120lbs,  Ramos and Back were probably the favorites but a great showing by Tomazevic and Knops!
125lbs,  Hamre looked untouchable.
130lbs,  Riddle, doesn't look the part but is an absolute Hammer!!!
135lbs, ------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
140lbs, Scoles, IMO the championship was wrestled in the quarters against Kaufman.... 1-0
145lbs, Ward looked untouchable!
150lbs, ..............
160lbs, Mulvaney.... next! Should be fun to see how he competes at the high school level coming in at a heavier weight in D1.
175lbs, Hopke is the real deal for Amery! Kid is a stud.
190lbs, Hoffman of Neilsville never looked like he was in trouble. Another upper weight that could make some noise as a freshman.
210lbs, ------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
240lbs,------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
270lbs,------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!
270lbs+, ------------- Can't speak to any of these boys!

Sorry but I have no knowelege of the upper weights.

I agree, many good matches. my observations from those I know:

Radintz looked good and surprised me a bit. nice match
Keoning is one strong 90 Iber and controlled the match
Nilo, first time watching him and he looked dominant. was not aware Sonnentag was hurt?
Clark is a beast
From when I first watched Hamre he has come a long way and his work is paying off. looked tough
Scoles/Kaufman was a good match, both are tough to score on...
Totally agree with Ward observation, he came out on a mission against a tough opponent. one of the deepest weight classes IMO
150, not a deep weight class, wonder if some moved after seeing mulvaney at 150 the week before?
Mulvaney has put together one impressive year, dominated everyone in route to title
Hopke looked on am mission as well, moving up from 130 last year does not seem to be problem. can anyone challenge him next year?
Emprey looked solid at 240

padre

210...Gauderman had three pins under a minute and a 12-0 win in the finals...no doubt will be a tough frosh at 195 or 220.