Team Race

Started by hawkfan, August 27, 2018, 11:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GradeTough

New Coach. Not sure the plan of how that will directly impact the overall wrestling culture as it relates to clubs or high schools. I believe the thought is the availability and integration of those college Coaches in the wrestling community will impact the training and skill set based on camps or other types of engagements.

ramjet

padre

Quote from: GreenKnight on September 04, 2018, 12:50:38 PM
I'd put Weyauwega Fremont as #5 in D3, they're pretty deep.

I'd agree...they will be very good this year. Unfortunate for them the sectional that they are in.

ramjet

Quote from: padre on September 04, 2018, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: GreenKnight on September 04, 2018, 12:50:38 PM
I'd put Weyauwega Fremont as #5 in D3, they're pretty deep.

I'd agree...they will be very good this year. Unfortunate for them the sectional that they are in.

So true, soooo true that is a very tough Sectional.

Gizmo6

I would definitely add Kempf into that discussion of possible state champions this year along with Greening and Fischer. W-F will be very strong this year and undoubtedly one of the top teams in D3, I believe random lake lost a good senior class so I'm unsure of their depth returning. W-F will wrestle BOTH Fennimore and Stratford this season before Christmas, as well as Coleman in late January. Very excited to see those teams go at it, tons of big matches!!!

padre

Quote from: GreenKnight on September 05, 2018, 10:46:55 AM
W-F has a couple state title contenders (Greening at 106 or 113) and Fischer at (120-132) and a great supporting crew. I think they would give Fennimore a good run for #3 in D3.

Pretty sure Greening will be back at 106 as he wrestled there this summer.  He will be awful tough to beat.  However the Drexler boys will fill 106 and 113 for Stratford so they will be tough to beat also.

bronco

Gonna be fun, GET/MM kids have been working hard, hitting the weights, camps, LAW, and working out at UWL. Lost a few hammers but what is filling in will be just as good with the addition of a Stratford transfer, Kaelen Schmitt, and freshman Tanner Andersen stepping in at 106, Little Daffinson filling in nicely at 220/HWT, the talk of the town is how much better we will be this year as a team...and I can think of only two seniors! With our schedule, which includes state champ Kasson/Mantorville, MN, Bi-State Classic, Dells Duals, we could take a few lumps early, but like last year, we will be ready for a tourney run. Like I said, gonna be fun with all the talented teams this year.

bigG

I wouldn't count my horses before they're birthed, Mustang. Nice team, though. Should be fun to follow.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bronco

Exactly, many fine teams and much to early to count your chickens, especially from a new kid on the block. I would personally not consider us a favorite against either program, It was not my statement, little G :).

hawkfan

The Dells Duals this year in early December will have Stoughton, Marshfield, Slinger, Hudson, Prairie du Chien and GET....among others.  Doesn't look like Stratford will be there as in the past.  Should be some great matches!

hawkfan

Greenknight - I see that they have 5 returning state qualifiers.  I also talked to someone familiar with the program that said some great things.  That's all I know which is not much :D

Keaton Kluever

Quote from: GreenKnight on September 10, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
Quote from: hawkfan on August 27, 2018, 11:57:54 AM
Is it ever too early... :)

D1
Burlington
Stoughton
Marshfield
Arrowhead

D2
Casco
Freedom
Kewaskum
GET

D3
Stratford
Coleman
Fennimore
Random Lake

For D1 I'd put stoughton #1. With Rivera coming they're poised to be favored to repeat. Burlington is a close #2 with Holmen a close #3. I see it as

#1 Stoughton
#2 Burlington
#3 Holmen
#4 Marshfield
#5 Slinger
#6 Kaukauna
#7 Mukwonago
#8 Arrowhead

currently, without knowing what type of wrestlers are stepping into varsity roles this year.
Not to be rude or anything towards your view of the teams up there I mean the returning state champs and runner ups make sense to be in top 4 usually no matter what and add a young Burlington team but I do not get why you would put marshfield or slinger ahead of Kaukauna. Slinger may have however many kids coming back that are state qualifiers but non of them I feel are serious threats most of them are less than 40 wins on a schedule thats decent. Obviously I'm a homer towards Kaukauna but a lot of kaukauna's guys just above 20-25 wins are better than a state qualifier with 30+ wins there I believe. Its strictly a schedule thing and how the sectionals add up certain sectionals are weaker than others and I believe that sectional is weaker and can send more guys. But The world will never know until that first weekend in March who's the best team is.

bigG

Quote from: bronco on September 10, 2018, 01:51:57 PM
Exactly, many fine teams and much to early to count your chickens, especially from a new kid on the block. I would personally not consider us a favorite against either program, It was not my statement, little G :).

Sorry 'stang, my bad. Yer good. Don't get me wrong, I'm a MMGET fan ,when I'm not rooting for my boys. Ernie's one of the best coaches I know. Just hate to get too happy too soon.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

hawkfan

Keaton - Marshfield brings back all 5 state qualifiers and some legitimate finalists, as well as a number of experienced wrestlers.  Not sure exactly who Slinger is bringing back, but I'm sure they'll be tough.  That's all on paper though, and your right we'll find out in March.

hawkfan

Dells tournament has been added and they're included on the participating team list on WI Dells schedule.