Why are the D3 (and sometimes D2) wrestlers the ones who....

Started by whatever, February 24, 2015, 05:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatever

"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Quack

Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

jw52

To cover up their extremely offensive calf muscle tatoos

DarkKnight

juveyhall

PINK.....Big Sexy had pink socks on in the finals back in 2001......then again no one was going to tell him he couldn't wear them!

Han Solo

You better be as good as Cole Schmitt was to back it up or maybe York.  Most kids just look silly when they wear those things... especially when they come off the mat after they got their butt handed to them. 
Never tell me the odds!

Willie

Because D1 schools are better at... everything! (Insert sarcasm here) wrestling and looking better.
Ps. This is a stupid topic!

Paul Harvey

Quote from: Han Solo on February 24, 2015, 06:47:18 PM
You better be as good as Cole Schmitt was to back it up or maybe York.  Most kids just look silly when they wear those things... especially when they come off the mat after they got their butt handed to them. 

I seem to remember that happening in the semis or finals to one of the individuals in your post a few years back.  :o

Some tough farm kid from the NW.
And now you know........ the rest of the story........Good Day!

Han Solo

Quote from: Willie on February 24, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
Because D1 schools are better at... everything! (Insert sarcasm here) wrestling and looking better.

No need to get offended.  You can't seriously think D1 kids wear those things as frequently as D2/D3 kids. 

Quote from: Paul Harvey on February 24, 2015, 06:55:06 PM
Quote from: Han Solo on February 24, 2015, 06:47:18 PM

I seem to remember that happening in the semis or finals to one of the individuals in your post a few years back.  :o

Some tough farm kid from the NW.

Yes it did....ha. 
Never tell me the odds!

bigG

I don't tell wrestlers how to dress ,usually; but the farm kids with cat-in-the-hat socks always seemed to conflict with my personal tastes. Cracked me up, though. One of my best wrestlers always had pink shoes. He could back dat up, though. But these rich farm kids can afford them. Didn't know they were pricey.  :)

Pink shoes and he never tried to act BA. Loved when the psycho warm-up wrestler would fly out to the circle while he just sauntered out and would dispatch the wild man in a period or two; after some softenin' up. God, I love these guys.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wraslfan

Quote from: Willie on February 24, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
Until he mentioned it, I hadn't realized this...it's a good question. Inquiring minds want to know.

tyben

This isn't a good topic, it's great!  Lots of my buddies wrestled d2 and d3 and we have fun with it.  The ones who...throw headlocks non stop Thursday night at State....have twice as many fans as D1schools...cheer louder at state...know how to granby so well...different colored laces on each shoe...wear stocking hats with pins...wrestle like they aren't affraid of anyone...have huge arms...are happy to see the d1s get off the mat so they can see some real wrestling.  Insert joke about how Athens destroyed everyone for a few years without shooting.

FinalWord

For many of the rural types, Fleet Farm is our fashion headquarters. Can't believe we don't more Carhartt singlets.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

Han Solo

Quote from: FinalWord on February 24, 2015, 07:37:51 PM
For many of the rural types, Fleet Farm is our fashion headquarters. Can't believe we don't more Carhartt singlets.

This would be a hilarious trend ha!

Never tell me the odds!