Freshman that could make some noise

Started by beastmode, November 06, 2014, 10:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

What school  is Schulist wrestling for?????
you can run but you cannot hide.

falconfan

Tanner Deist Wild Rose. Brandon Pecham, Tri County. Jacob Banker, Bonduel. Levi Snortum, Shiocton. David Reick, Amherst. Central Wisconsin kids that have a pontential to be very good, with the others that have already been mentioned (Bailey, Villnow and Ellie). Holderman could be as well depending on if he makes it back in time from football injury.

Dale

M-Town Fan

Schultz from Holmen was the only freshman to win Bi-State today and he was simply head and shoulders above the rest of his bracket. He had a very dominant finals match against Schoenfuss from Stratford, expect this kid to make a lot of noise come tournament time.

littleguy301

Quote from: DarkKnight on November 11, 2014, 11:23:59 AM
Quote from: dozer on November 06, 2014, 10:12:52 PM
There are several Stratford kids that will be tough as freshman.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in that room for wrestle-offs.  Zack Lee (?) from Kaukauna and Vince Ellie (170) from Waupaca will be monsters as Freshman.

Yes, Stratford will have a very nice team this year. They have a good chance to be #1 this year

I also believe that stratford will be in the confo for the next few years with up and coming freshman. Man they have some serious talent that is just starting to hit or be close to the high school.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DocWrestling

Peyton Mocco won the Oshkosh OTW tourney at 113.  My mistake.

Interesting that only 3 seniors won titles at the tourney.  Lots of good young wrestlers
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

ElectricGuy

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

jbnbo

Quote from: futurerichguy on November 06, 2014, 10:55:30 AM
A few that impressed me at WWF state last year at the heavier weights:

Jared Krattiger (Burlington) ~160 lbs
Tyler Dow (Stoughton) ~ 152 lbs
Frank Garcia (Kenosha) ~ 152 lbs
Jake Belongia (West Allis) ~ 171 lbs

Jake Belongia is looking real tough at 171. although we have not seen the other three on this list wrestle this year, we know them and they have been coached well and have seen a lot of national competition. These are tough weight classes for an freshman. Good luck to all these guys!!

brotherofagoodwrestler

Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned Hayden Krein from Sparta. Now being at 152 as a freshman is a tall order in itself , but this kid is ready for it. Saw Hayden for the first time at Northern Badger this week. Appears to have plenty of offense on his feet and in the top position. (Needs some work getting off the bottom). Just a ton of tools and seems to have a good head on him as far as handling pressure and attitude.
I have to give a big shout out to the Sparta coaching staff for the great job they did. They brought just ten kids to the tourney and won it! All the wrestlers looked well coached,conditioned,and had good wrestling builds on them. Getting back to Hayden Krein, another thing that caught my eye was how much he (along with the rest of the Sparta wrestlers),cheered on and encouraged his teammates.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: ElectricGuy on November 06, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on November 06, 2014, 11:49:48 AM
Payne -  Baraboo -160's ??

Fisher - Deforest - 132?

Digennaro - Craig - 132?

Lipke - Milton 145?

It will be tough in those weights, maybe even tough for a couple to crack lineups. But all pretty good young wrestlers coming up.

Sorry I misread the quote - thought we were looking for freshman in the Madison area - lol  

Who could make some noise at state - well that's a diffent animal. Maybe Hayden Krien don't know what division or sectional though
or Schulist @ Muk - again not sure who he would have to get through.   I would also say Peak @ Elkhorn - but his sectional is loaded.  

Ditto on Nutter - Fennimore is going to be something to watch

I didn't miss him  ;D  - I agree - that sparta team is very very good couldn't imagine them if they could fill out the open spots.

I did miss one freshman - (not sure how I missed the home town kid) - as mentioned by others Ty Dow - that kid is just simply amazing!  Again for a freshman to be wrestling at that level at 145 - wow! 

As someone else mentioned F Garcia - from KT -  some beast for years to come.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

beastmode

Quote from: brotherofagoodwrestler on December 31, 2014, 09:49:02 AM
Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned Hayden Krein from Sparta. Now being at 152 as a freshman is a tall order in itself , but this kid is ready for it. Saw Hayden for the first time at Northern Badger this week. Appears to have plenty of offense on his feet and in the top position. (Needs some work getting off the bottom). Just a ton of tools and seems to have a good head on him as far as handling pressure and attitude.
I have to give a big shout out to the Sparta coaching staff for the great job they did. They brought just ten kids to the tourney and won it! All the wrestlers looked well coached,conditioned,and had good wrestling builds on them. Getting back to Hayden Krein, another thing that caught my eye was how much he (along with the rest of the Sparta wrestlers),cheered on and encouraged his teammates.

I agree. The Krein kid was a very good freshman. I also noticed the camaraderie they showed as well as the sportsmanship. Looks like a great program.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

littleguy301

how about Mason Phillips from Eau Claire North. I believe he suffered his first loss of the season at the Exposure.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Hand Control

Quote from: M-Town Fan on December 30, 2014, 10:37:51 PM
Schultz from Holmen was the only freshman to win Bi-State today and he was simply head and shoulders above the rest of his bracket. He had a very dominant finals match against Schoenfuss from Stratford, expect this kid to make a lot of noise come tournament time.
M-Town fan I will personally make sure that this young athlete is aware of the generous words about him. THANKS But two things that I know that he and his family would like you to know is that they were honored that it was against a Stratford kid,second to none and very classy people. And the most important fact is that my personal hero did this while his younger brother was fighting his inappropriate term15  for his own life in the hospital (due to complications with a cruel disease called diabetes). Hopefully able to turn the corner soon with this thing,god permitting.

SMochs

132-Jacob Skattebo(South Milwaukee) He has done well this year.  Lost 2 close ones 4-2/5-3 to guys ranked and beat one 10-5.
He's dragging a little in third, lost his third match in SV(quarter finals) at Stech but came back to beat that guy for 3rd.  He's still adjusting to the stronger bodies but we should peak at the right time!!;D he will have a shot to spoil at the end of the season. current record 14-3

stbird

Krein is a cradle machine!  I love watching him wrestle.  You never know where or how he'll hit one, but that cradle is coming and the match is over! 

Quote from: brotherofagoodwrestler on December 31, 2014, 09:49:02 AM