Starting Tournaments at Lightest Weight Class

Started by pitman, February 09, 2014, 06:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitman

I think the starting point should be drawn before each tournament. That would "spice" up some meets.
now you're messin' with a S.O.B.

head57

Agreed. Don't really understand why that isn't standard practice this time of year.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

littleguy301

I would love that!!!!!!!

I did a middle school meet with the heviest to lightest and boy that threw off the parents of the wrestlers ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

pitman

Has this ever been taken up with the powers that be?

shouldvewrestled

I don't think there is a rule. Just up to whoever is running the tournament. Its how track is set up and is easiest way to just run it. Not saying its that much more difficult but would keep kids and coaches more on their toes.

pitman

I guess I was talking about conference, regionals etc.

cooch

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 09, 2014, 09:25:02 AM
I would love that!!!!!!!

I did a middle school meet with the heviest to lightest and boy that threw off the parents of the wrestlers ;D

Ran into this as well. Some eight graders had a school event that started at 6pm - match was basically right after school, pre weighed in & matched up so, we started with the older/bigger kids and spaced the matches out 15 minutes to get them done in time. There were a lot of unhappy parents showing up late to watch their older/bigger kids wrestle that were done already.
Be Unbeatable. Someone may score more points than you, but hold your head high, know you gave your all and go back to work.  That is being unbeatable.

DarkKnight

It would make a tournament slightly less efficient, and yes obviously more confusing.

We keep with the tradition of smallest to biggest.

But of course, it would be different and interesting.

Quack

Lets do it for State and see how many stick around to see the little guys wrestle
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

goblinmonger

I understand why it would initially be confusing but how would it possibly be less efficient? If you start each round at 182 instead of 106, it seems the efficiency would be the same.

littleguy301

If they do it for duals why not tournments?

The Cheese doesnt have a starting weight for the finals do they?

It would make no difference if it was started at 160 or 106, the tournment would run just fine.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Big House

It would lead to confusion during the rest of the tournament ... but I see no reason that the finals couldn't be in random order.  Announce the order before the tournament even starts so everyone knows the order though. 

I'd love to see a packed BIG HOUSE for the 285 finals!
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

pitman

I think it may confuse the 106'ers but the rest would just follow order and "wrap around" after the heavies.

Big House

I want a complete random order!  Shake things up!

Who at the WIAA has got some seeds to make this happen?  Maybe I'll pull in a few favors ... I used to date Wade Labecki you know ...
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

imwi

And that's why he is the way he is from what I have been told  ;D