Train like a mad man....reach your goals

Started by TruckerCapAttack_1977, February 07, 2014, 09:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckerCapAttack_1977

I have been driven my Kenworth for the long haul.  Nuthin better than spam and Dinty Moore beef stew sandwiches in the cab washed down with Mountain Dew while I crisscross the country. 

But I never forget to keep up with my training, even though I didn't do any for a while, I still didn't forget about it.  But I started today with a new training rooteen. Today's training:

1. Loaded 1 1/2 cases of Hormel Chilie into my truck, one can at a time and the case was 275 ft away from my truck(in honer of my old weight class)

2. Duck taped a bag pop tarts up with 2 or 3 roles of duck gorilla tape. Then gave my self only 6 minutes with only my bear hands to get it open and eat all 12 pop tarts with no water break.

3. Tore the sleeves off my flannel shirt and made a head band. 

4. Hooked up 20 or 30 bungee cords to the bumper of my Kenworth and the other end to the belt loop on my wranglers and did resistance sprints.  (Careful with this one, I lost traction and biffed it and whacked my head on a turtle shell sized ice chunk.)

5. Mental training - drove out on the I-state with my head out the window until snotcicles froze my beard solid.

Just proves you don't need a lot of fancy equipment to get a good workout.  If you want it bad enough you train with what you got!!!

I learned that from my wrestling training.  Never let your circumstances keep you from training hard and giving it your all!!! 

What did you learn from wrestling that you still use today to reach your goals?
Do you wanna see my PETERBUILT?!

imnofish

Your dedication to your training regimen is awe-inspiring!   :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

TCap, what are your goals? Rematch with Mauston Man?

OldAbes72

It has been far too long. I miss the good old days. Ranger, polar bear, mauston man and his lats, trucker, mad dad before he was dale. The good old days...

maggie

Polar bear , ranger....? What's become of them?
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

OldAbes72

Quote from: maggie on February 08, 2014, 02:39:19 PM
Polar bear , ranger....? What's become of them?

How many usernames and passwords can somebody remember?

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

TruckerCapAttack_1977

Who the rip is Mauston Man.  How big a boy is he?

If he wants a match with me he better pick up the pase!

I'm so tough I could throw a basketball through a Kevlar vest!

I can run faster than a sprinter with a barn fan duck taped to his back!

I'm so mentally tough that I didn't sleep for two days one time because I was scared of my self!

How did I get this way? TRAINING!!! 

Today's workout....

I rode a bike 4 miles, the last 3 miles with no chain.

55 lateral drop reps with a bag of seed I named Ed.

Ran 10 laps with two pairs of shoes on, I put a wing nut in one shoe just to make it a challenge.

Mental toughness training....won a staring contest with a picture of Betty Davis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need fancy equipment to train like a mad man!  Just need to get off your quarter panel and take the first step.

bigoil

I believe the Mauston Man can be found at the corner pocket in Mauston. I believe he trains as hard or harder.

woody53

Quote from: howavi on February 09, 2014, 07:39:06 AM
I believe the Mauston Man can be found at the corner pocket in Mauston. I believe he trains as hard or harder.
Put it down ! Trucker Cap ! No Match !
;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

littleguy301

Mauston man and his lats might not be a match for Truckercaps love of spam and more than likely the gas that follows.

Trucker, just for you, today I am going to do some burpees with a bag of dog food duct taped to my back! I aint so worried about the burpees, I am just worried about my hungry dogs trying to rip open the bag while I get a work out in!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TruckerCapAttack_1977

If Mauston Man trains as hard as you say, then I want him on my Team Trucker!  That's how you get better!  Find the toughest guys you can find and train with them!  I hope he does train harder than me so I can elevate to a new level!

I would also invite anyone on this interweb page to submit there training rootine so we can see if you are tough enough to be part of Team Trucker!

Today's workout:

1. Did 30 lat pulls under my truck by laying on the ground and using the driveshaft as a pull up bar.

2. Replaced my boot laces with bailing wire. ( I'm not sure why, I thought it would be tougher than it was)

3. Put on 11 shirts and 3 pairs of wranglers and did 6 minutes of the "sweat'n to the oldies" CD.

4. Ate two frozen Hot Pockets and 1 frozen Chicken Pot Pie in under 6 minutes.

5. Mental training: wrestled a mental tournament in my mind.  It is called visualization technique.  I was seeded fourth.  I got third place.  I side stepped my opponent into exhaustion, then pinned him with a vacant but stern stare.  To my credit, Chuck Norris beat Mr. T in the finals in triple overtime, so I did pretty good.

Alright interweb forum viewers, submit your toughest training sessions, if they are tough enough, I will try them out.  If they are really tough you can be a member of Team Trucker!  If they are tougher than a $2.00 T-bone, you could be named Captain.  Bring It On!

TruckerCapAttack_1977

Littleguy, if your dogs are anything but a yorkie or chiwawa then you can be on team trucker.

littleguy301

Quote from: TruckerCapAttack_1977 on February 09, 2014, 09:43:23 AM
Littleguy, if your dogs are anything but a yorkie or chiwawa then you can be on team trucker.

2 bulldogs!!!!! and the worst part of the burpees is the slobbering mess and keeping trackson while doing them!!!!!!!!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet