Where do we go from here?

Started by vsmf2010, March 26, 2024, 10:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

Super excited that Reader is coming back. 

Numbers

Quote from: Harris on April 11, 2024, 12:08:21 PMSuper excited that Reader is coming back. 
Surprised DJ left with Reader returning.

rjchev141

Quote from: No One Cares on April 11, 2024, 12:03:59 PMReader just tweeted "Can't wait to get the BADGERS back on track next season!  Let's go!"

Was also tweeted by Pat Mineo that the staff was coming back.

Nice to see some acknowledgement, that things aren't "unbelievable", which at this point they pretty much are. 

As much as I know the most likely scenario for next season's UW staff is exactly what it is now, I also know that will likely result in Cyclone vs Badger type scores all Big 10 season long next year.  I sincerely hope they prove me wrong.

Could it be possible, Ben/AWA gets involved with the RTC again?  It would explain Reader's excitement, Ben's FRL announcement and reasoning, Ben in Madison, and the bottom line it would be good for AWA.

mkm13

Unless there is a significant transfer brought in, this has to be the last year when they only have a couple qualifiers and nobody close to being an AA.

wrestlemania

If I was Bono and the first I learned of this "meeting" between the AD and the Askrens was on the internet, I would tendering my resignation now. Unless they were all together in the same room (a possibility), I would not coach in an athletic department which undermined me like that.

wrestle03

wrestlemania - well Bono can let the door hit him  in the back side on the way out.  His days are limited regardless, and if he resigned he'd have no where to go anywhere.  Who would hire this guy after the debacle he's created in his 6 years in WI ?  Bono's ego is his biggest detriment.  This team wont come close to sniffing an AA next year. HE burned the bridge with Askren and there is no re-building that bridge.  He needs to go.  Just cant wait for the "Great Day to be a Badger" post where he announces another D3 grad transfer coming to Madison.  Bono cant recruit and there is no saving the sinking ship he's created.

BadgerOne

Quote from: No One Cares on April 11, 2024, 12:03:59 PMReader just tweeted "Can't wait to get the BADGERS back on track next season!  Let's go!"

I guess Reader didn't land the CMU job or another head coaching job.

Numbers

When Bono moved to Wisconsin he had reason to believe the AWA pipeline was going to be a big asset.  Unfortunately things changed for whatever reason.

Numbers

So this acknowledges there were rumors of him moving but he is staying.

But how does "back on track next season" look and how possible is that?

BadgerOne

Quote from: Numbers on April 11, 2024, 02:25:20 PM

So this acknowledges there were rumors of him moving but he is staying.

But how does "back on track next season" look and how possible is that?
Back on Track is a meaningless slogan to me, as there is very little likelihood UW is able to improve on its recent NCAA performance with EB, Hamiti, Maylor and Liegel gone.  Bono and Reader use slogans ad nauseum and try to spin everything positively even when the situation is hot garbage.  This carnival act wears thin after a while when the results don't follow.  I chuckled hearing Bono saying 10 National Champions to his team, when he brought in a hypnotist calling it a game changer, when he promised that he would seal the borders and every time he posts "Great Day to be a Badger" when the guy is not close to being nationally ranked and in other forums, would be called a "Room Guy."  Cael and the coaches from the top programs rarely use social media to hype up their programs, and I'd rather see results than meaningless hyperbole.

fightfightfight

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 11, 2024, 01:31:50 PMwrestlemania - well Bono can let the door hit him  in the back side on the way out.  His days are limited regardless, and if he resigned he'd have no where to go anywhere.  Who would hire this guy after the debacle he's created in his 6 years in WI ?  Bono's ego is his biggest detriment.  This team wont come close to sniffing an AA next year. HE burned the bridge with Askren and there is no re-building that bridge.  He needs to go.  Just cant wait for the "Great Day to be a Badger" post where he announces another D3 grad transfer coming to Madison.  Bono cant recruit and there is no saving the sinking ship he's created.

Today I learned an NCAA qualifier and huge contributor to the team last year didn't deserve a tweet from the head coach when he transferred because he was D3. 

MNbadger

Quote from: BadgerOne on April 11, 2024, 02:17:25 PM

I guess Reader didn't land the CMU job or another head coaching job.

How do you know this?  Do you have knowledge that he even was looking?  Does he have family?(I do not know myself).  Maybe he wants to stay in Madison and build a life.  Maybe he doesn't want to live in Mount Pleasant. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

leg turk

Wrestling Thug

BadgerOne

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on April 11, 2024, 05:43:25 PMThey traded for Hamiti

But we got Luke Mechler a year early.  Wait there's more?